Is this .ini edit necessary?

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Is this .ini edit necessary?

Post by EvilGrins »

F2 brings up a screen which has basic server info, and for those that don't play online so much at the bottom there's the Top 3 killers... labeled tentatively as Top Players. I usually knock it down once a month to base settings, leaving the TotalGames, TotalFrags, TotalDeaths, & TotalFlags alone.

This being the F2 screen:

The bottom bit being covered in User.ini at the very bottom:

In order to clear it, I've always gone into the User.ini and manually cleared it... but is there any other way to do it?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Is this .ini edit necessary?

Post by JackGriffin »

Not as far as I know. These stats are generated locally. I could remake your F2 screen if you want to be anything you like? I've taken that before to create a rules/credits page like in MH2.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Another approach is to do that outside of UT with a command line search and replace tool. You can put these commands into a batch (Windows) or shell (Linux/Mac) file and run this manually or time triggered by your OS. (Maybe this solution does not work if UT is running while editing the INI file - it depends on how UT reads and writes INI files.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:I could remake your F2 screen if you want to be anything you like? I've taken that before to create a rules/credits page like in MH2.
I'm good with it as is, though maybe you could help with something else? One of the reasons I'm semi-dependent on it for STATS.

Unreal Anthology, which I got my current main UT install from didn't have NGstats included. Guess whoever compiled it didn't think UT was any big deal anymore. Short of copying the old NGstats from my original upload (hung onto it for old mutators and other things I might need) which I haven't tried yet... I've got nada.

I miss NGstats.
Barbie wrote:Maybe this solution does not work if UT is running while editing the INI file - it depends on how UT reads and writes INI files
I would assume not. I never edit UT's files while the game is running, always exit out first.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758