How to disable smoke of rockets ?

Discussions about UT99
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: How to disable smoke of rockets ?

Post by JackGriffin »

Client side you can lower your settings some but there's no way to say "I want to stop displaying 'X' from now on." If that were allowed then you could easily cheat. Set commands do work but it won't be reverted when the game restarts and ACE will kick you for a lot of them.

Ferali and I talked some about this. I wanted to try to craft a client-side mutator that would start removing effects from the player if your framerate started taking a hit. It's possible but I'm not sure I want to force control like that. Some players may not like the lack of control since this mod would need to run from the server. You could add code to allow the player to exclude themselves from the mod running on them but I just never got around to whipping this up.

You know, this is a good job for Loathe. He knows effects and such really well. I can see a proper version of this mod running on a lot of servers if it was made right.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
aZ.Boy
Novice

Re: How to disable smoke of rockets ?

Post by aZ.Boy »

Never been kicked by ACE for disabling rocket smoke but yes i understand it better now, Won't mess with the set commands from now on wanna avoid ace problems as much as possible. :tu:
Thanks for the explanation :highfive: