Bots....Yes or No?

Discussions about UT99

Bots....Yes or No?

Should bots be included during a game?
40%
Or would you rather play against real people?
60%

Total votes: 25

MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Re: Bots....Yes or No?

Post by MEAT »

Dare wrote:People can view it more than once
hehe...well I understand that...duh...hehe
Thanks Dare.
But the point is there are more people then the 7 or 8 that posted
that view this topic.
It seems that they would have an opinion?
dumgrunt

Post by dumgrunt »

i like bots. theyre great when you cant find an online game.
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

dumgrunt wrote:i like bots. theyre great when you cant find an online game.
That's understandable dumgrunt...no one wants to sit in a empty room.
However, the question was basically do you like to have bots and real people at the same time?
brdempsey69
Average
Personal rank: Ex Marine

Post by brdempsey69 »

MEAT wrote:
However, the question was basically do you like to have bots and real people at the same time?
Answer: Yes, I do like having bots and humans at the same time. But, I do agree it is better to have all human players on your server -- for example, you have a 4 vs 4 CTF match going, then it would be ideal to have 8 human players. That's not always going to be the case, though, so it's nice to have UT bots fill up the roster.

Besides, UT bots are the best, and I've seen them quite often -- at Masterful skill level or above -- beat the living hell out of many a human players. And if we are really honest, we've all taken our share of beatings from bots.
eVian-
Novice

Post by eVian- »

I dont like bots they are :
1.too bad
2.too bad
3.too bad
So they adulterate the final score too much, imo.
"Sir, we're sorrounded!"
"Perfect, now we can attack in any directions!"
shadow342
Average
Personal rank: UT map maker

Post by shadow342 »

I would play with bots, they're fun to snipe and even more funny when you play an unpathed map (bots running into walls lol), It makes you see how dumb they are, even on godlike. But I HATE playing with bots when online with other people, all the noobs hunt down and kill the novice bots and easily win a deathmatch. But indeed, they are useful for filling in the void when your waiting to have a match with someone.
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

brdempsey69 wrote:
MEAT wrote:
Answer: Yes, I do like having bots and humans at the same time. But, I do agree it is better to have all human players on your server.
So you like having bots but you agree it's better not to have bots? :thuup: :thudown: :?
Answered like a true politician. :wink:
brdempsey69
Average

Post by brdempsey69 »

MEAT wrote: So you like having bots but you agree it's better not to have bots? :thuup: :thudown: :?
Answered like a true politician. :wink:
You are quoting me completely out of context. I clearly illustrated my example of why I like to have bots on my server. I never said anything about it being better not to have bots.

Let me spell it out for you : If my server is set to have Bots enter the game for a minimum of 8 players, then that means I always want at least 8 participants in the game whether all human players or a combination of bots/humans.

What I said was : "for example, you have a 4 vs 4 CTF match going, then it would be ideal to have 8 human players. That's not always going to be the case, though, so it's nice to have UT bots fill up the roster."

That does not , in any way, suggest that it's better not to have bots. What it suggests is the most ideal scenario is to have human players fill up the server. Nothing political about that at all.
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

brdempsey69 wrote:
MEAT wrote:
Answer: Yes, I do like having bots and humans at the same time. But, I do agree it is better to have all human players on your server.
I'm just clarifying what I misunderstood:
The question was basically a yes or no/bots or no bots....I wasn't giving any scenarios.
I thought you wrote "it's better to have all human players on your server"? Which I interpreted as you saying it's better to have all human players on your server and no bots.
Which I figured would be the answer for everyone. Sure it's understandable to have a few bots if you don't have enough people but at the same time who wants to play with bots if you have real people to play with.
So to go back to my original question and your answer....you prefer both bots and real people at the same time....okay thanks.
brdempsey69
Average

Post by brdempsey69 »

^^That's good enough for me.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Bots are good if you want to get some laughs! :tongue:
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
gades
Average
Personal rank: UT BotMast3r

Post by gades »

I like launching bots into hazards, off steep edges, using amphibious cheat and telling them to cover me underwater, and hearing them drown, etc.
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

gades wrote:I like launching bots into hazards, off steep edges, using amphibious cheat and telling them to cover me underwater, and hearing them drown, etc.
Bots can be amusing at times but set them on "GodLike" and watch them tear you a new one. :agree1: