Hello everyone !

I've got some tehnical difficulty with my UT, the thing works like hell

Specs: MSI LAptop
AmD Athlon 64 x2, TK-55 Dual Core
2 GB RAM
Shared Video Card (on motherboard up to 800 Mb share) < sick :flack:
Win XP SP 2

The problem:
So i enter a server..BT..DM no matter, it runs smoothly (i need to enter and quit the game for 3-4 times before it runs smoothly cause its runs to damn fast, super fast)..but sometimes i get stuck..its like someone is pulling my shirt in-game and wont let me go, nor jump, then lets go..i hope i made myself clear..someone told me it has to do with my video render (D3D in unreal)..i installed the dual core fix for UT..at first it moved very very fast..then i had problems with overheating and i moved in slow motion..i am lucky i play on servers where im root user..otherwise i would get banned cause when my char is jerking like that..i dissapear..or i look like im going in a direction..then i appear behind the player that saw me..kinda frustrating huh ? can be considered as hack..few asked me if i use lag hack or smth..dont know what that is..

So can anyone help me..i had a lot of hard time making my UT work fine..i read that MSI laptops are made to work at high temperature..but i got like 90 degrees once..and its a LAPtop..well i can play with it in my lap cause i could get burned :lol: ...so help is needed..

Thanks !
The bussiness is entertainment and what entertaines the gamers..is the sight of BLOOD > http://ut.xentra.ro Believe me..its Bloody
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: UT laptop problem

Post by Feralidragon »

MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

From my understanding and don't quote me on this, but the speed of your laptops
dual core processor runs a little to fast for UT.
But I have a fix !!!
Go to your startup screen then right click your mouse and then click Properties. Now click Screen Saver.
Go to Monitor Power and click Power. Now change your Power scheme to always on.
Click Apply and you're there.....I think...I hope?
Mephi
Novice
Personal rank: Funnel Server Owner

Post by Mephi »

it is Always on, sometimes i remove my battery and play on AC Power only :D , ut runs smoothly..but sometimes i get that jerky experience..kinda frustrating when u do a side dodge and it blocks in mid-air..then i fall and phuff incinerated :D
The bussiness is entertainment and what entertaines the gamers..is the sight of BLOOD > http://ut.xentra.ro Believe me..its Bloody