My skin is not working

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: My skin is not working

Post by OjitroC »

Suspected they might be but didn't check. You could try removing the unnecessary calls in the .u file, recompile it and see what happens?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Tater wrote:Every file size is exact.
If file sizes are different, files are different. If file sizes are equal, files may be different. In this case I recommend using a binary compare tool like comp or cmp.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

AxeWound is looking over the .u files for uneeded references and so forth. He'll decompile and recompile it.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

They look very nicely done Tater! :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Thanks Hook. I'm sure. with everyones help here, I'll be able to have them functioning properly soon.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Barbie wrote:
Tater wrote:Every file size is exact.
If file sizes are different, files are different. If file sizes are equal, files may be different. In this case I recommend using a binary compare tool like comp or cmp.

I ran a comparison on all of the .U files and there was no difference. I also ran FC to check for differences in the lines but they were the same also.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Postby OjitroC » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:13 pm
If you look at the script in the .u file you will find unnecessary SetSkinElement calls to SkinNames 2T_*, 3T_* and 4T_* which don't of course exist - don't know if this could cause your problem. It certainly generates a lot of garbage in the log. Maybe the .u file is screwed in some way?
I just followed a tutorial fromhttp://www.milkshape3d.com/ms3d/tutorials/ut/ and created all new classes, model, and textures. The problem was that the .uc in the classes, after running ucc make, put all of those "SetSkinElement calls to SkinNames 2T_*, 3T_* and 4T_*" back in and there was nothing to reference those to.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I see - I did look at the script of one .u file for a model with only one skin set (can't remember which one now but it must have been another version of an existing model) and saw comments by the author that he/she had removed unnecessary SetSkinElement calls so it is possible - I don't know how though so that is not much help.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I know that the NALI only requires one base skin. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what's in it. I've taken the .u and ran it through UMODEL then 3DConverter to convert it to a PSK. Once done I ran it through MilkShape and created all of the needed .int's and .uc's. Used ucc make to create a .u after removing the extra skinelements but I never got a chance to try it on a server because the model's arms were stretched out of shape.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Today I made 3 pcx pics named chef2, chef3 and chef4. I imported them into the existing UTX and the UCCINIT.log doesn't show an error for textures that it can't find. Those images aren't being used but at least the name is there for whatever is searching for them. I've also not seen a red skin or neon green one since doing it either.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Woow, a new funny topic growing up to 30 pages with double posts for no reason. Did anyone disassembled a default functional skin and trying to recreate one based on UTX and INT rules used by Stock UT stuff ?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:Did anyone disassembled a default functional skin and trying to recreate one based on UTX and INT rules used by Stock UT stuff ?
I gave it a go on the bottom of the 1st page of this thread.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

OK then, thanks to those that have helped and sorry to those that this has bothered