(WIP) Alternative female models

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: (WIP) Alternative female models

Post by OjitroC »

Skerion wrote:Alright, how's this for the commando?
Yes, that looks good.

A minor point but the shoulder straps holding the armour on the right hand side are well above her shoulder unlike on the left where they seem to be flush with the shoulder, which is what one would expect.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Yeah I agree. These are more feminine in the ways that matter. TBH UT needs some really good female not-sexualized models to be used. This was a good call for a project.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Skerion wrote:Alright, how's this for the commando?

I may need to make her head a bit smaller, but otherwise she looks about right.
Much better than previous examples. :gj:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Just zoomed in more on the shoulder straps on the right and the one closest to the shoulder pad is missing - maybe the right shoulder (looking from the front) needs raising a touch or darkened a little so that the top of the shoulder is closer to the top of the shoulder pad, as it is on the left hand side?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sry... couldn't make a paint over... not much time this week.
But I can say the last picture looks more like a athlete and fits the UT-verse. I would use it as a base silhouette for the others as well.
Uhm... but I would edit the codpiece. She doesn't need it to be THAT big :mrgreen:

And regarding the mention of body-builder Women.
Yes they are not very feminine looking ...but they also won't run and jump that much like the other athletes.
(Ok the weightlifter wouldn't do it as well.)
Body-builder are more illusion than reality. Those muscles are for show and not for actual actions.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Can we split this into another topic? I'd like to discuss this some without stepping on OP's post, which I think is super important given today's climate.

So my question pertains to paper's images. Who in that lineup do you honestly think fits the archetypal female Liandri tournament competitor?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:Can we split this into another topic? I'd like to discuss this some without stepping on OP's post, which I think is super important given today's climate.
I think it's rather fitting this thread.
JackGriffin wrote:So my question pertains to paper's images. Who in that lineup do you honestly think fits the archetypal female Liandri tournament competitor?
All of them, with exception for the body builder regarding the show-muscles and the slightly over proportioned weight lifter.
But best would fit the triple jump Lady and all the sprinter ... the bicycle racer and trampoline athlete would also fit very well.
Compact and resistant.
Skerion
Average

Post by Skerion »

How would you guys feel if I took inspiration from the character on the far right side of this artwork for the female soldier's body type?

I know that it's usually not a good idea to be getting references from drawings, but I feel like she serves as a decent basis for the female soldier's build save for the incorrect hip/shoulder width ratio, especially since she already kinda looks like a Thunder Crash soldier.
OjitroC wrote:Just zoomed in more on the shoulder straps on the right and the one closest to the shoulder pad is missing - maybe the right shoulder (looking from the front) needs raising a touch or darkened a little so that the top of the shoulder is closer to the top of the shoulder pad, as it is on the left hand side?
Could you red-line it? I don't quite get the sense of what you're referring to.
papercoffee wrote:All of them, with exception for the body builder regarding the show-muscles and the slightly over proportioned weight lifter.
But best would fit the triple jump Lady and all the sprinter ... the bicycle racer and trampoline athlete would also fit very well.
Compact and resistant.
I agree on the weightlifter on the bottom, though the male soldiers already kinda have that bodybuilder look, so it probably wouldn't be a big deal if the female soldier had a build similar to that.

Also, I did some minor changes to the female soldier:

ImageImage

She's a bit taller and her shoulders are a bit narrower. I also went ahead and toned down the veins on the arms in response to nogardilaref's request.

Also, yeah, the girls don't really need codpieces, lol. I should edit the leg textures for all the team skins so that it doesn't look like they have a bulge on their crotch.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Funny characters. For the last pic: increase hip size and remove the entire biceps. Let it be just an unmuscled arm.
No transgenders and such please. :loool:

Looking promising.
This member can only post when permitted.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Skerion wrote:How would you guys feel if I took inspiration from the character on the far right side of this artwork for the female soldier's body type?
Not sure why you would want to do that since you already have a decent female soldier? But to answer your question, no since the character is too idealised - if you want further inspiration, why not take it from one of the athletes posted by papercoffee?

Actually compare your latest female soldier's body shape with that of most of the athletes and the hips and waist are too slim really, in my view anyway.
Skerion wrote: Could you red-line it? I don't quite get the sense of what you're referring to.
fFLOzNL.jpg
The arrow points to what seems to be a missing shoulder strap and it also appears to me that the shoulder straps are too high relative to the shoulder (as compared to the other shoulder).
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote: The arrow points to what seems to be a missing shoulder strap and it also appears to me that the shoulder straps are too high relative to the shoulder (as compared to the other shoulder).
Look closer ...that's not the shoulder straps, it's the backpack. It looks uneven because the hair isn't covering it enough.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote:
OjitroC wrote: The arrow points to what seems to be a missing shoulder strap and it also appears to me that the shoulder straps are too high relative to the shoulder (as compared to the other shoulder).
Look closer ...that's not the shoulder straps, it's the backpack. It looks uneven because the hair isn't covering it enough.
Ah, I see now - so, on a practical note, to get to the backpack or take it off, the armour would need to be taken off?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Ah, I see now - so, on a practical note, to get to the backpack or take it off, the armour would need to be taken off?
:lol2: You should ask Epic what they they had in mind.
But I would say, it's an autonomous backpack which attaches itself with hooks or another mechanic on the armour.
Skerion
Average

Post by Skerion »

OjitroC wrote:
Skerion wrote:How would you guys feel if I took inspiration from the character on the far right side of this artwork for the female soldier's body type?
Not sure why you would want to do that since you already have a decent female soldier? But to answer your question, no since the character is too idealised - if you want further inspiration, why not take it from one of the athletes posted by paper coffee?

Actually compare your latest female soldier's body shape with that of most of the athletes and the hips and waist are too slim really, in my view anyway.
Well, if you're fine with I have for the female soldier so far, I can just stick with that and fix the hips. I was already decently satisfied with what I had so far, and I was just using the artwork as partial inspiration and not for a 1:1 recreation.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Skerion wrote: Well, if you're fine with I have for the female soldier so far, I can just stick with that and fix the hips.
I think you should go with that - just thicken out the midrift and hips a bit, and reduce or remove the codpiece.