Jax skin for Male Soldier model

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Koolflux
Experienced

Jax skin for Male Soldier model

Post by Koolflux »

This may be my first time showing off a creation of mine that is something other than a map.

Anyway, this is the Jax skin for the Male Soldier player model, a.k.a. my first attempt at a player skin. It's a skin meant to be Jax, a character from the Mortal Kombat franchise. Specifically, I chose to base this skin off of Jax as he appeared in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I've currently set one of the bots on my custom bot list to use this skin.
JaxSoldierSkinSShot.jpg
Again, this is my first time making a skin for UT, so it's probably a bit nooby looking. Download link for the skin is attached below.
Attachments
SoldierSkins_JaxB.zip
(342.09 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Jax skin for Male Soldier model

Post by UnrealGGecko »

FINALLY! Always wanted some more MK skins and Jax seems like a great fit :thuup:
Not at home atm, but did you set some team colours for him? Would be perfect!
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:40 am Not at home atm, but did you set some team colours for him? Would be perfect!
Yes, I did set team colors for him. It was easy to do, since all I had to do was change the color of his pants to the color of whatever team a player is on.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, that's pretty cool - an addition to my 'army' of MK characters. Here he is with the MP5 (I think he uses that in MK) - "Get Some!"
Jax.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

It's a good skin but if you don't mind a critique, the lack of muscle definition below is in stark contrast to what's above.

From an an old Tron skin I never finished, I made a black body base for musculature which I've used to enhance some skins where I once did similar...
Image Image
...and if you like, when I get home tonight I can send you the textures from that black body suit so you can incorporate them into your skin similarly.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:10 pm It's a good skin but if you don't mind a critique, the lack of muscle definition below is in stark contrast to what's above.
Maybe ... but that may be intentional - certainly in MK3 the emphasis is on his upper body and he doesn't appear to have particularly muscular legs:
Mortal Kombat Wiki wrote:Jax's most striking feature is his impressive muscular upper body build, keeping his torso bare in all but one of his appearances. In his first appearances, he wore karate pants and boots. From Mortal Kombat 3 and onwards, he wears a pair of bionic armor-plating that covers and protects both of his arms.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

http://mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk3/jax/
Seems pretty good to faithful to me, maybe those stripes on the arms are missing but I like it as is. :mrgreen: