CORONA VIRUS WARCOW STIMULUS PACK - Pack #2

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!

Should EPIC Games provide MOOdicare For All?

Moo
93%
Sort-of, Lower Moodicare Age
7%
No
No votes

Total votes: 15

HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

CORONA VIRUS WARCOW STIMULUS PACK - Pack #2

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

As promised, a new Warcow stimulus pack to cover even more of the working class cows!

Just in-time for Cinco de Mayo! The new Stimulus Pack is co-sponsored by CORONA Beer!
(Logo and other type appear correctly in-game)
Corona beer company would like to remind everyone that quarantine had nothing to do with them! Drink a delicious Corona today! [/advertisement]

Also, NaliCows are DEMANDING MOOdicare For ALL from EPIC Games! #MOOdiCare4All

The new stimulus pack covers Male and Female cows of all types:

The Stimulus pack also supports team colors!

Another Stimulus pack depends on if Mitch MooConnelL and Nancy Moolosi get off thier rich asses!

#M4A #MOOdicareForAll #MooToo
Attachments
CORONA VIRUS WARCOW STIMULUS PACK Number 2.zip
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
TexasGtar
Adept

Re: CORONA VIRUS WARCOW STIMULUS PACK - Pack #2

Post by TexasGtar »

I'm voting Moo!
These are udder-ly mootastic.
But saving cows lives is what is important in these uncertain times.
Herd immunity!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Maybe you should mirror those writings.
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

papercoffee wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 am Maybe you should mirror those writings.
Nope! Been makin cows for years. Any writing on Warcow skins must appear backwards to look correct in the game. :)

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hey Beefy, were gearing up for a skinning contest that will probably start in the next month or so, that will be using the official models for UT... of which the WarCow is one.

Those're beautiful, by the way.

I mention this as you often don 't post for months at a time, so will you be around for that?

Intro thread · viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13861
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Aha ...your previews where out of the skin-maker tool.
Then I have nothing said. :mrgreen:
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

EvilGrins wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:11 am Hey Beefy, were gearing up for a skinning contest that will probably start in the next month or so, that will be using the official models for UT... of which the WarCow is one.

Those're beautiful, by the way.

I mention this as you often don 't post for months at a time, so will you be around for that?

Intro thread · viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13861
Not sure. I have other cows already in the works but I cant do much beyond what I have done already because the cow template is so Low-Res... Not alot of pixels to work with and I've used most of my best ideas already :P

I'd LOVE to do more skins for cows but the template for the body and the cowpack (gun) are only 256x256.

To anybody that knows! Is the 4.69 upgrade for UT99 finished? If they are still working on it, maybe consider making cow skins 512x512??? :))))

Not sure how that works, but Grins i might have a cow to enter. After more COVID cows.
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

HOT_BEEF_INJECTION wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:16 am To anybody that knows! Is the 4.69 upgrade for UT99 finished? If they are still working on it, maybe consider making cow skins 512x512??? :))))
I 've been prototyping a skin for the Nali cow, and texture increase to 512x512 would work wonders.

I second this question: Can texture size be increased for (player) models, or is this a hard limit in the engine*?

*In terms of a making a feature request for 4.69 or susequent updates
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

There are skins for the Brute and SkaarjWarrior that are 512 x 512 but perhaps that's a different thing?
fudgonaut
Adept

Post by fudgonaut »

HBI's question got me to do a little digging, and I came across this nugget of information from years ago:
Feralidragon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 am The max resolution the standard UT can handle is 512x512 mipmapped textures, and a max of 256x256 not-mipmapped textures (not mipmapped mostly used for HUD/Canvas and models/meshes skins).

In case you import a 512x512 texture, but it's not mipmapped in the process, UT will crash, be it used in meshes, BSP surfaces or even in the HUD.

I used several 512x512 textures/skins for maps and mods, but I had to mipmap them in the process so they could be supported by everyone, and it worked. So in case you want to use 512x512 textures in anything, let the mipmapping enabled in the import.
So if we mipmap textures on import, we can use 512x512 textures on player skins that are normally 256x256. Is this correct?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Correct, but in the case of meshes, mipmapped textures do not look as great as non-mipmapped (the difference is subtle, but it's there).
But a higher resolution texture will still look better, that's for sure.

I must also add that these limits are mostly dependent on the used renderer.

It just so happens that even nowadays these sizes are the safest, since they work with every renderer across the board, but if you use a more modern renderer, you could have higher resolution textures, but at that point it would be preferable to go with S3TC or DXT1, so you can have true color compressed high-resolution textures, which in that case you would still have to include a lower resolution for older renderers I believe (I think Higor developed a tool for this a while ago, where you could include both versions in the same texture).
fudgonaut
Adept

Post by fudgonaut »

Thank you for the info!
Feralidragon wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:29 pmyou could have higher resolution textures, but at that point it would be preferable to go with S3TC or DXT1, so you can have true color compressed high-resolution textures, which in that case you would still have to include a lower resolution for older renderers I believe (I think Higor developed a tool for this a while ago, where you could include both versions in the same texture).
I suspect it would be diminishing returns to go 1024x1024 or higher on UT's low-poly player models. But 512x512 feels like a good compromise of extra detail without creating too much extra work (or giant file sizes)
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I create my Nalis with 512² pixels ...good to know that I have just to mipmap them to get them to work :rock:
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

City Nali: Look at that bunch of Nali cows!

Cowboy Nali: Not "bunch" ..."herd"

City Nali: Heard of what?

Cowboy Nali: Herd of Nali cows.

City Nali: Sure I've heard of Nali cows.

Cowboy Nali: No, no, a Nali cow herd.

City Nali: What do i care what a Nali cow heard? I've got no secrets from a Nali cow.

Cowboy Nali: :facepalm: