Skinning programs

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Skinning programs

Post by EvilGrins »

Please provide links to any downloads for programs that help make skins.
For standard UT99 default models certainly, bonus for any that are good at skinning any model that can be played in UT99.
Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Skinning programs

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm Please provide links to any downloads for programs that help make skins.
The most commonly used one, I think, is this Utilities/UT_Skin_Maker/. If you want to skin non-default models, then you'll need the Model Packs as well as the program itself (probably best to d/l both versions of the program).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

It's somehow every time astonishing to find member on our forum who can read but not "read".
viewtopic.php?p=46843#p46843 ...or better said search.

This thread is one of the 3 pinned one ...the only 3 pinned one in the SKINS section.
For everything else you need a 2D image editing program.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Gotta chime in here.

This guy gets mad at others for creating a thread that he would like to create. (it was not about the doublepost lol)
And above all, he spams every UTboard in the scene with the same content.

Doesn't even take the time to bother for looking for what he wants, no, just spams another thread in here..useless..
And also this obsolete thread from him will stay here for everyone to look at. (like the other 888 ones) atleast delete it..
UT99.org EvilGrins Spam Community.

Sorry, but this guy should have a 1 thread limit per 3months or something.
He has an issue.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 pm This thread is one of the 3 pinned one ...the only 3 pinned one in the SKINS section.
You're right of course but if you do what I do you, which is to open each new post from the Unreal Tournament Community Recently Active Threads view, then you never see the whole of the Thread, so I would never see the Skins thread, for example. If I were to go to New Posts, I would see even less.

Of course, people should do a search of the forum first before making requests for stuff which might well be on here somewhere.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 pmIt's somehow every time astonishing to find member on our forum who can read but not "read"
Not at all... I know of that thread but it's from 7 years ago and I thought I'd ask the forum at large. We've got old members and new and maybe something new has come out or something not covered there that wasn't known about at the time.
esnesi wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pmThis guy gets mad at others for creating a that he would like to create
Actually it was totally about the double-post, I wasn't mad, and that thread isn't something I'd make so you're wrong about that too.
esnesi wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pmEvilGrins Spam Community.
You sir, have issues.
esnesi wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pmSorry, but this guy should have a 1 thread limit per 3months or something.
Not sure how anyone would regulate that, and given this thread is in preparation for another thread I'll be starting next month (skinning contest) that doesn't seem warranted either.

I've noted you complaining about my posts before and I'm sorry if it's causing you such undue stress... but there's not much of anything I can do about that. Yes, I frequently post the same thing to multiple forums and I do that because I'm thorough. Not every forum has the same members, not everyone on every forum knows the same things. Of the multiple forums I follow, I only posted this same post here to about 7 or 9 others; as opposed to the several dozen I'm a member of.

It didn't goto every forum I'm a member of as not all of them were appropriate, or as active, as the ones it did goto.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Evilgrins is a great member of UT99 community in general. He keeps most of the forums refreshing and interesting to look at. The guy is a great sport!
If he leaves, many will leave or visit less regularly. He should be thanked for his efforts and such. Let's be real and not unreal, he is great guy!

The guy the deserves a statue of him, and he gets to choose the cape as well!
This member can only post when permitted.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Terraniux wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 pmEvilgrins is a great member of UT99 community in general.
That seems a fair assessment.
Terraniux wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 pmIf he leaves, many will leave or visit less regularly.
That seems a tad unrealistic, pun intended. I'd like to think I would be missed, many would cry themselves to sleep due to the lack of me, but I doubt anyone would leave the game.
Terraniux wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 pmThe guy the deserves a statue of him, and he gets to choose the cape as well!
Well...
...maybe not a cape.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Just come across this on Gatherstone - Buster's Unreal Gold Site sb_tools/skined.zip - it's an editor for .pcx - could be useful.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:51 amJust come across this on Gatherstone
Yeah, he was one of the ones that responded to my post · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/133103.html