ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
asosed
Adept

Re: ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Post by asosed »

so you could put team colour stripes on the trousers or do the top she's wearing under her jacket in a team colour or anything else that you think is appropriate.
I would suggest using a colored jacket and pants/protection to be able to quickly distinguish between skins in team games.
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:53 am
so you could put team colour stripes on the trousers or do the top she's wearing under her jacket in a team colour or anything else that you think is appropriate.
I would suggest using a colored jacket and pants/protection to be able to quickly distinguish between skins in team games.
Seems okay yes?
fdgfdgfgfgfsdsd1.png
fdgfdgfgfgfsdsd2.png
I planned to make them in this(my) vision, and did them before I arrived your message.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, that looks really cool - nice job.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Seems okay yes?
to be honest, I don't like it. I would like to see the jacket completely in one color (no patterns) - original (none), red, blue, gold, green. The protection is probably better left in the original
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

Don't ask me why I choose Unreal logo instead of Skaarj and Mercenary ones.
20210121193307_1.jpg
20210121192829_1.jpg
20210121212621_1.jpg
20210121194551_1.jpg
asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm
Seems okay yes?
to be honest, I don't like it. I would like to see the jacket completely in one color (no patterns) - original (none), red, blue, gold, green. The protection is probably better left in the original
At least they are playable.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Just to note that you don't need to put Description against each of the team colours in the int. Doing that made 4 lines appear in the Face box in the Player selection window (though of course there is only one face, which is part of the skin anyway).

The int should just be
Spoiler
[public]
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF1,Class=Texture,Description="ONI KonokoF")
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF1t_0,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF1t_1,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF1t_2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF1t_3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF2Face,Class=Texture,Description="ONI KonokoF")
That doesn't stop the skin loading properly though.

So it's up to you if you want to change it or not.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Can you make a second version of the skin with a jacket of different colors?
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:07 pm
Let's make a deal.
I'll try to make a skins that are more appropriate for you, but can you test these skins on your server at first?
I need to know that they are working properly on servers before here is a 29 january.
Please, call your friend and give me a screenshots from you and him with this skin.

I'll keep my word.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Rikia wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:38 pm
Let's make a deal.
I'll try to make a skins that are more appropriate for you, but can you test these skins on your server at first?
I need to know that they are working properly on servers before here is a 29 january.
Please, call your friend and give me a screenshots from you and him with this skin.

I'll keep my word.
No problems. I have the ability to test skins on a local server (a copy of my original server) without a friend :). I'll will go from two network computers to the server. It will be the same. Will it fit?
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:04 pm
Rikia wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:38 pm
Let's make a deal.

I'll keep my word.
No problems. I have the ability to test skins on a local server (a copy of my original server) without a friend :). I'll will go from two network computers to the server. It will be the same. Will it fit?
Yeah, just do it. Preferably screenshots should be with team skins and without them.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Rikia, I could not get this skin to work on the server.
I scattered the files into the necessary folders on the server and I did this in ut.ini:
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=ONIKonokoF
ServerPackages=KonokoFSkins
Therefore, the request for a colored jacket is not relevant yet.
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Great looking skin! Thanx, Rikia. I make bot with your skin and start dedicated server on my linux. Then I chose your skin for myself too and connected to my server. On the face of it everything works fine.
Besides spam log;

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0'
ScriptLog: Failed to load KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0 so load KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0'
ScriptLog: Failed to load KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0 so load KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0'
ScriptLog: Failed to load KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0 so load KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0'
ScriptLog: Failed to load KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0 so load KonokoFSkins.KonF2T_0
ScriptLog: Failed to load KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0 so load KonokoFSkins.KonF3T_0
ScriptLog: Failed to load KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0 so load KonokoFSkins.KonF4T_0
low res shots;
Spoiler
01.png
02.png
03.png
04.png
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:40 pm Rikia, I could not get this skin to work on the server.
I scattered the files into the necessary folders on the server and I did this in ut.ini:
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=ONIKonokoF
ServerPackages=KonokoFSkins
Seems like that the skin works only if the server and users have it installed.
f7r wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 am Great looking skin! Thanx, Rikia. I make bot with your skin and start dedicated server on my linux. Then I chose your skin for myself too and connected to my server. On the face of it everything works fine.
Besides spam log;
How always log file getting spam and does it impact on the playing quality?
Also, what you did for getting this bot working on server? If you wrote a new int file, can you show me it, please?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 am How always log file getting spam and does it impact on the playing quality?
This happens with any non-default (custom) model whose skin does not conform to the 3 or 4 piece skin of the default (Botpack) models - so it happens with the Abbey model, for example, which also has a one piece skin or with the Rumiko which has a two piece skin.

The engine looks for the skins in the standard (3 or 4 piece) format and reports in the log that they can't be loaded because they can't be found - obviously they can't be found because they don't exist (and don't need to exist).

It also happens in team games with default models where the skin does not have team colours (or the necessary team colour).

I've never encountered any problems/issues arising from this (I have 320 bots and a significant proportion of these are custom models with non default format skins) - though I only play off-line. I don't think it would have any impact on the game - I don't see how it could do.

If the model shows up in-game correctly skinned, then everything is fine.

If there are any significant problems with models then the worst that is going to happen is that the engine will use a default model instead.
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:40 pm Rikia, I could not get this skin to work on the server.

I guess you don't wanna use a skin that requires an installation on both sides, or do you still need your team colors?
The model is playable on servers, but needs to be installed on user clients.

I'm think that new recompiling and probably some custom code(which I don't know) is needed for making the skins server-side-only and I'll try to make it soon, but it will require a new test on servers.
Last edited by Rikia on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.