ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Re: ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:40 pm Rikia, I could not get this skin to work on the server.
I scattered the files into the necessary folders on the server and I did this in ut.ini:
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=ONIKonokoF
ServerPackages=KonokoFSkins
Therefore, the request for a colored jacket is not relevant yet.
Can you try out this version? Change lines to "ONIKonokoFsrv" and "KonokoFsrvSkins".

asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Can you try out this version? Change lines to "ONIKonokoFsrv" and "KonokoFsrvSkins".
Yes, I can check. I will write the result.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Works. Unfortunately, does not work on the server with newnet (does not support custom skins).
Undoubtedly, the original skin look the best. I fell in love with this skin :) Other skins (team) look like they painted different colors in the paint program :)
Attachments
3.jpg
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 pm Works. Unfortunately, does not work on the server with newnet (does not support custom skins).
Undoubtedly, the original skin look the best. I fell in love with this skin :) Other skins (team) look like they painted different colors in the paint program :)
So, you didn't need to install skin on user client? The skin was installed only on the server?
Is newnet a new net system for 469a servers or a some mutator?

Original skin was merged in Paint and team skins were colored there too. If you see a weird lines on her legs, this is the problem of original UV mapping which I want to keep same.

Alternative team skins are in progress.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Rikia, situation is this. If install skin on the client, it will be possible to select this skin in the settings. Otherwise, it cannot be selected in the settings. But at the same time, all the necessary files are downloaded when you enter the server. And accordingly, this skin will be visible on the server to everyone if it is installed on the client and selected in the settings by another player. I hope I explained clearly :)
Now a little about NewNet. No, NewNet is not related to patch 469. This is a separate and complicated mod. It takes over a lot of gameplay functions. First of all, it is intended to ensure that players with high ping can play comfortably on the server, since it compensates for movement and removes the delay before the shot. Unfortunately (for me) the ability to change weapon damage has been implemented in newnet. It broke the game, I think. But at the same time, NewNet has an excellent function for quickly switching weapons, which has a positive effect on the game. But this is a separate topic for conversation.
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:45 am Rikia, situation is this. If install skin on the client, it will be possible to select this skin in the settings. Otherwise, it cannot be selected in the settings. But at the same time, all the necessary files are downloaded when you enter the server. And accordingly, this skin will be visible on the server to everyone if it is installed on the client and selected in the settings by another player. I hope I explained clearly :)
Now a little about NewNet. No, NewNet is not related to patch 469. This is a separate and complicated mod. It takes over a lot of gameplay functions. First of all, it is intended to ensure that players with high ping can play comfortably on the server, since it compensates for movement and removes the delay before the shot. Unfortunately (for me) the ability to change weapon damage has been implemented in newnet. It broke the game, I think. But at the same time, NewNet has an excellent function for quickly switching weapons, which has a positive effect on the game. But this is a separate topic for conversation.
Here's a new team skins

asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Here's a new team skins
Thank you. Great skins!
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:04 am
You can alter the male sounds to female sounds in the .u file by manual editing in UEd.
Is there something special about saving .u files after editing them in UEd?
Because, when the bots had glitchy textures(before we found a simplier solution of the problem) I tried to change the .u file, but after saving I didn't get saving-window and after checking the .u file properties in UEd again the changes didn't get saved.

And I plan to make a second version with original sounds. Is there any warnings about sound porting? I heard that porting the sounds to UE1 is more complicated than to UE2.

Also, is there a way to make female voice without need to always changing it in .ini file?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:23 pm
OjitroC wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:04 am
You can alter the male sounds to female sounds in the .u file by manual editing in UEd.
Is there something special about saving .u files after editing them in UEd?
Because, when the bots had glitchy textures(before we found a simplier solution of the problem) I tried to change the .u file, but after saving I didn't get saving-window and after checking the .u file properties in UEd again the changes didn't get saved.

And I plan to make a second version with original sounds. Is there any warnings about sound porting? I heard that porting the sounds to UE1 is more complicated than to UE2.
What did you change - just the default properties? Which UEd and UT version are you using?

Normally, the u file should save if you check/tick the box against the u file name in the bottom panel of the Actor window where it shows all the packages and then click on the disc icon at the top of the Actor browser. You should see a progress bar which will disappear rapidly.

Check in the Unreal Editor log for any indication of what happened/why it didn't save. If you changed the script then you need to recompile the script before saving the u file.

When you say "original sounds" you mean non UT sounds? If so, make sure their properties are the same as for UT sounds. I would suggest you extract three or four of the female sounds from UT (using the Editor - just extract them to wav files) and check their codec. I use Mono, codec PCM S16 LE or PCM U8, bits per sample 16 or 8 and SampleRate 44100Hz or 22050Hz or 11025Hz and obviously make sure the sounds are in .wav file format - generally use as low values as you can get whilst getting a reasonable sound/volume quality so experiment a bit.

Then you can import them in the Sound Browser and put them directly into the .u file (you don't need a separate aux file though you can make one if you want - useful if you want other people to be able to use the sounds as well). Put the new wav files in a folder named the same as the model/ u file, import the sounds in the Sounds Browser, giving them the package name of the model/u file and then you can put them in the default sound properties of the model - saving the u file should save the sounds in the u file.

The other things to change in the model u file are (a) the carcass - I've changed mine to Female1 I think; and (b) the voicetype - change this to a Botpack female voice type.

There is no way to change the male icon in the HUD - though I use MatrixMoves and in creating a plug-in for Konoko to have Matrix Moves, I've subclassed the MMBase_Female, which means she has a female icon/body shape in the HUD.

As for giving her a female voice - if you are using the model yourself, you can manually edit the User.ini to change the Voice to the VP you want to use. For bots, you can also manually edit the User.ini. More generally if you have a particular female VP you want to use you can add the line

Object=(Name=VPname.VPClassname,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="VPname") [replacing VPName with the actual name of the VP, etc]

to the ini for the VP and this will enable the female VP to be used by male models (that is, you should be able to select and assign it in the bot set up window), given that Konoko is a male model as far as the engine is concerned
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:48 pm
What did you change - just the default properties? Which UEd and UT version are you using?

Normally, the u file should save if you check/tick the box against the u file name in the bottom panel of the Actor window where it shows all the packages and then click on the disc icon at the top of the Actor browser. You should see a progress bar which will disappear rapidly.
EDIT: Or I don't understand which box I need to tick?

It still does not want to be saved(or it seems like I don't understand something).
I clicked on the save button and saw a progress bar that dissapeared rapidly, but the time of editing .u file did not change and it seems suspicious.

I use 469a patch.
fffd1.png
fffd2.png
EDIT: And it didn't saved...
fffd3.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

OK - two things
1) Do you have a tick against the Oni u file like this before you click the disc icon to save the package?
Onied.jpg
If you don't see the pane, I think you can open it in View - Show Packages.

I also highlight the Oni u under SkeletalChars when saving - I don't think this actually does anything but I do it anyway!

2) I have had problems in assigning and saving sounds when using the Editor in 469 so I now use the Ed in 436 for doing that - do you have 436 or 451 (there are problems with the Editor in the latter but you may be able to save sounds using it)? If so try and use the Editor in one of those.
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:24 pm
2) I have had problems in assigning and saving sounds when using the Editor in 469 so I now use the Ed in 436 for doing that - do you have 436 or 451 (there are problems with the Editor in the latter but you may be able to save sounds using it)? If so try and use the Editor in one of those.
Female screams(the first version that I decided to do with default sounds) work fine, and it also needed to assign them in player pawn.
However, the voice did not change. I wrote ".VoiceFemaleTwo"(is the name wrong?) in the properties, but still wasn't able to use and change it in game. If the name that I wrote is wrong, you can warn me about that.
But if there no any better way to simply getting a proper voice, then let it be so. People would have two variants: a)changing it in the .ini file; or b)using a mod that lets the player to use any gender voice.

OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 am However, the voice did not change. I wrote ".VoiceFemaleTwo"(is the name wrong?) in the properties, but still wasn't able to use and change it in game. If the name that I wrote is wrong, you can warn me about that.
But if there no any better way to simply getting a proper voice, then let it be so. People would have two variants: a)changing it in the .ini file; or b)using a mod that lets the player to use any gender voice.
Thinking about it, I don't think that changing the voice type actually makes a difference, so it doesn't really matter.

If people want to use a female voice then, as you say, for the player they can manually edit the DefaultPlayer -> Voice in User.ini (as I have) or for a bot alter the VoiceType. Like I say the other alternative is to alter the ini of a chosen Voice Pack. I can't think of any other way to do it.

On voices for Konoko - somebody has ripped her sounds and taunts from the original game and put them all in a video on YouTube - unfortunately it would take a lot of time to separate them out into individual sound files for use In UT - I don't have the software or the patience to do that but perhaps somebody does?
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

Object=(Name=VPname.VPClassname,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="VPname") [replacing VPName with the actual name of the VP, etc]
I misunderstood some time, but this was an int file, not ini.
to the ini for the VP and this will enable the female VP to be used by male models (that is, you should be able to select and assign it in the bot set up window), given that Konoko is a male model as far as the engine is concerned
OjitroC wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:42 am
If people want to use a female voice then, as you say, for the player they can manually edit the DefaultPlayer -> Voice in User.ini (as I have) or for a bot alter the VoiceType. Like I say the other alternative is to alter the ini of a chosen Voice Pack. I can't think of any other way to do it.
No need to change the ini file or use the mod anymore.
ONIKonokoFsrv.int
(428 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

Can you zip the final release to a new file?