ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Re: ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:42 am
Rikia wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 am However, the voice did not change. I wrote ".VoiceFemaleTwo"(is the name wrong?) in the properties, but still wasn't able to use and change it in game. If the name that I wrote is wrong, you can warn me about that.
But if there no any better way to simply getting a proper voice, then let it be so. People would have two variants: a)changing it in the .ini file; or b)using a mod that lets the player to use any gender voice.
Thinking about it, I don't think that changing the voice type actually makes a difference, so it doesn't really matter.
I got a suspicious thing. When I reset the bot setup, the bots that were considered to be male(only ones that once were changed to Konoko) stay with a voice of Konoko(Female TwoM). Or is this normal, and it happens with any custom voice option?(I mean option, not actually the voice) If this isn't normal, then does it can make problems for servers with Konoko package?(I didn't change any default packages) And isn't it a problem(if this can be considered as problem) of VoiceType option in default properties of Konoko .u file?
Forum|User wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:11 pm Can you zip the final release to a new file?
Look at the first post. It always gets edits.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:38 pm I got a suspicious thing. When I reset the bot setup, the bots that were considered to be male(only ones that once were changed to Konoko) stay with a voice of Konoko(Female TwoM). Or is this normal, and it happens with any custom voice option?(I mean option, not actually the voice) If this isn't normal, then does it can make problems for servers with Konoko package?(I didn't change any default packages) And isn't it a problem(if this can be considered as problem) of VoiceType option in default properties of Konoko .u file?
You're right about the .ini thing earlier - where I said .ini it should have been .int - my mistake, not thinking clearly enough then.

Not quite sure what's going on there - you should be able to change the voice of the bots away from FemaleTwoM to any other voice (though that will only be a male voice unless the .int files for the male voice packs have been altered by adding the line "Object=(Name=packagename.classname,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceFemale,Description="VP name")"). The bot will stay with the voice FemaleTwoM unless you select another voice in the Voice drop down list.

I can't really test it out as I'm using the original OnKonokoF.u file you posted as that is fine for what I want (I just want to use the model for me as a Player and not give to a bot as I have all my 320 bots already set up) - and I don't have a server nor do I play on online so I don't what the effects might be on a server.
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:49 pm
Not quite sure what's going on there - you should be able to change the voice of the bots away from FemaleTwoM to any other voice (though that will only be a male voice unless the .int files for the male voice packs have been altered by adding the line "Object=(Name=packagename.classname,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceFemale,Description="VP name")"). The bot will stay with the voice FemaleTwoM unless you select another voice in the Voice drop down list.
Now good to be sure that this is a feature, not a glitch.
asosed wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:59 pm
Here's a new team skins
Thank you. Great skins!
Can you test Beta4 version on your server? This version contains some properties edits, like female sounds, and I want to be sure that there no any new problems for describing this version as final/stable.

EDIT: It needed a fix for sound group. Don't forget to install it if you are gonna check the skin on server.

I discovered that highlight die sound does not work if it's not assigned in deaths sound group.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A minor point but you can use the UnrealShare Female drown sound instead of the male drown sound used currently.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Rikia, the first Beta4 version worked fine on the server, only there was a male voice. The second version "fix" doesn't even work locally
UPD.
I was able to run a "fix" skin on the server and locally by editing the file ONIKonokoFsrvSFix.int. But the voice is still male
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:39 pm Rikia, the first Beta4 version worked fine on the server, only there was a male voice. The second version "fix" doesn't even work locally
UPD.
I was able to run a "fix" skin on the server and locally by editing the file ONIKonokoFsrvSFix.int. But the voice is still male
Strange. Did you replace all older version(the latest that you used was Beta2) files with Beta4 ones? Did you replace Beta4 .u file with the fixed file? Did you change the name of fixed file for replacing?
Just for reminder, the first post of topic always gets changes and there now links with Beta4 package and .u file fix.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Rikia, can you update the first post and put the necessary files there? I'm confused about them :)
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:39 pm Rikia, the first Beta4 version worked fine on the server, only there was a male voice. The second version "fix" doesn't even work locally
UPD.
EDIT№2: Do you get male voice and sounds? If you get only the voice, then you can change it in player setup to "Female TwoM".

EDIT№1: Did not noticed that you edited your post, but anyway, try to follow instructions below for getting a better solution of any problems you got!
And please, remove the new files that you made.
asosed wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:22 pm Rikia, can you update the first post and put the necessary files there? I'm confused about them :)
Here's Beta4 archive. Use System and Textures folders only with replacing files of older installed version. But don't hurry with testing! Look below at first!

Here's the fix for Beta4 ".u" file. Rename it(remove "SFix" text from the name) and replace the Beta4 ".u" file with it.
After, you can go testing. But just check the server package names. They must be same(including "srv" text in them) as in older versions, if you didn't rename them.

Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:43 pm A minor point but you can use the UnrealShare Female drown sound instead of the male drown sound used currently.
While the time goes, can I ask a question how to import this model to Unreal 1?
Is this even simplier, than I think? Because the skeletal support of UT 436(2000) is even older than of Unreal 227(2007).

Do I only need to compile the model folder that I compiled for UT and don't I need to script something?(if I there is needed scripts, then I need to know which).

EDIT: After seeking the net, I found, that the only things that I need to get are the .uc files. I have the .uc files generated by MS3D, but I think they need a special set up for being compatible with Unreal 1 UCC. How I do set up them for making the model playable for Unreal 1 players and bots?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Sorry, I have no idea TBH - I can only suggest that you ask at the oldunreal forum https://forums.oldunreal.com/
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:59 pm Sorry, I have no idea TBH - I can only suggest that you ask at the oldunreal forum https://forums.oldunreal.com/
Heh, I'm also doing it)

https://forums.oldunreal.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9954

But also I need to use UT99 forums because they are more active.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

Rikia, I did it according to your instructions. I downloaded the first archive and copied the files to folders on the server and on the client. Then I downloaded the second archive, renamed the file to "ONIKonokoFsrv.u" and copied (replaced) to the System folder on the server and on the client. Here are the server packages:
ServerPackages=KonokoFsrvSkins
ServerPackages=ONIKonokoFsrv
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
Everything works, even the voice. Although the server complains that there is a problem with the download.
Attachments
eror.JPG
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:53 pm Rikia, I did it according to your instructions. I downloaded the first archive and copied the files to folders on the server and on the client. Then I downloaded the second archive, renamed the file to "ONIKonokoFsrv.u" and copied (replaced) to the System folder on the server and on the client. Here are the server packages:
ServerPackages=KonokoFsrvSkins
ServerPackages=ONIKonokoFsrv
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
Everything works, even the voice. Although the server complains that there is a problem with the download.
We talked about this with OjitroC and he said that these error messages are very common for any custom skins. But does it make problems for server users who does not have the mod installed?
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

We talked about this with OjitroC and he said that these error messages are very common for any custom skins. But does it make problems for server users who does not have the mod installed?
I think there shouldn't be any problems. Unfortunately, I cannot use this skin on my server, as I am using NewNet.
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:29 pm
I think there shouldn't be any problems. Unfortunately, I cannot use this skin on my server, as I am using NewNet.
Thank you for anything.
Now, I finally can say that this skin reached the final of development and stable for playing. The planned mod like voice and sounds directly from Oni will be released as expansion mod.

So, if you want to get the skin playable with custom-coded mod NewNet, then you should get help from a coder, not from me.