Anyone willing to create some skeleton Nali for me?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
ExpEM
Adept

Anyone willing to create some skeleton Nali for me?

Post by ExpEM »

Hi all, I've had an idea for a while to have a set of Nali Skeleton pawns for an unreal campaign / monsterhunt.
Unfortunately what I am after is beyond my skill which is why I'm asking the community.

My idea is as follows:
-Nali Skeleton
--Just a reanimated skeleton, attacks with its bone hands, scratching and punching.
--Attack anims.

-Skeleton Warrior
--Reanimated Nali skeleton armed with sward(s) and shield(s).
--Attack and defence anims.
--Maby some armour scraps for elite?

-Skeleton Mage
--Reanimated Nali skeleton wearing a tabard / long loin cloth fastened to belt.
--Able to cast spells, looping anim of each arm throwing magic balls, big spell anim etc.
--Think DragonballZ energy attacks.

-Skeleton Paladin
--Cross between Warrior and Mage.
--Armed with sward(s), shield(s) and able to cast spells.

-Skeleton Lich
--Elite version of the Skeleton Mage.
--Able to resurrect other skeleton classes.
--Resurrection anim.

-Nali Demilich (mini boss)
--Floating skull with crystal gems for eyes, small crystals orbiting around it.
--Can cast the most powerful attack spells.
--Floating, laughing and screaming anims.

-All except the Demilich will need most of the anims from the regular Nali model too.
--Backup, Bowing, Breath, Cough, Cringe, GetDown, GetUp, Sweat and fireing animations not needed.
--All should have a 'pile of bones' and resurrection animation too.

I know this is a tall order to ask for and I'd be immensely grateful for any takers.
I can do some reference art if required.

I'm happy todo all the coding.
Signature goes here.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Anyone willing to create some skeleton Nali for me?

Post by OjitroC »

Not sure if this is of help to you but there is an Unreal package (NaliSkeletons.u) which has some of what you want. Now, my note in my documentation says "No use really" - I can't remember using them in Unreal, but I must have, I certainly remember them not working at all or barely in UT. Nonetheless, it might be worth having a look at them to see if there is anything useable in there (as it were).

I can't remember where they came from - perhaps part of an Unreal mod or campaign, perhaps not?

If you can't find that package, let me know and I'll post it here if you think it might be of some use to you.

This is the contents of the package (taken from my list of 'monsters' for Unreal)
Spoiler
NaliSkeletons
NaliSkeletons.NSKBzztMage
NaliSkeletons.NSKFireMage
NaliSkeletons.NSKIceMage
NaliSkeletons.NSKPukingMage
NaliSkeletons.SkeletonSwordsman
NaliSkeletons.Skeleton
NaliSkeletons.SkeletonMage
PS
Not that it is really relevant but I found some info about that package here https://www.oldunreal.com/phpBB3/viewto ... bd4#p75157

Another Update
I've tried them in Unreal by summoning a couple into a map and they work fine - so my note "No use really" must relate to UT. They certainly look as if they could be of some use.
SteadZ
Average
Personal rank: 1337

Post by SteadZ »

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread, but indeed they don't work in UT because they utilise some 227-only stuff (vertex attachment function for eye glows and particle emitters for the FX).

They were originally made for the RtNP Episodes project by Enzyme but somehow also ended up bundled with Chronicles of Weedrow 2 despite never being used in the campaign - I assume that's probably how you came across them.
"The problem with dreams is... you never know when you're gonna wake up"

OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

SteadZ wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:03 pm They were originally made for the RtNP Episodes project by Enzyme but somehow also ended up bundled with Chronicles of Weedrow 2 despite never being used in the campaign - I assume that's probably how you came across them.
Yes, thanks for that - I see I do indeed have Chronicles of Weedrow 2 - had forgotten all about that.
AlCapowned
Experienced
Personal rank: Layman

Post by AlCapowned »

I'm working on nali skeleton enemies for Resurgence, so I can do some of these. It's still just in the rigging stage, though.
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Thanks all!

Turns out I already had NaliSkeletons.u (from Weedrow2) and yes it is mostly what I was hoping for.
AlCapowned wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:38 pm I'm working on nali skeleton enemies for Resurgence, so I can do some of these. It's still just in the rigging stage, though.
Are you using the same mesh from UPak or doing a better one?
Any chance of a preview sceenshot?
Signature goes here.