Restore this skin

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Restore this skin

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

BlackCannon.png
This came from one of the Unreal/UT art cds that have been recently found/uploaded. This is the first or one of the first skins for the UT FlakCannon. It is similar to the one in the concept art of malcolm/poster. This needs to be restored from this image/other leftovers. please
Acoma
Average

Re: Restore this skin

Post by Acoma »

isnt that just the retail skin
or do you mean restore the model
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

No its different, its darker and mostly black/green. On other pictures its even darker but this one the brightness was a lot higher as it was a composite psd picture of high quality originally. But it is brighter than its supposed to be, if you did this to the normal model/skin it would look even brighter and all plastic. the retail skin is too colorful/plastic like, while this still had some subtlety. This is from the time when they made the ut flakcannon, but soon they changed the skin into those toy-like colors and I dislike them.

Originally it was meant to be metal/greenish at best and black otherwise. Don't know what posessed them to make it into what it became even the later 222 beta has it changed. The black skins (if you have the source) are also of earlier date than that, so it really got changed.

I know this because the picture where this comes from also has enforcer and the old pulsegun and enforcer looks basically the same but the flak is definitely different still.

Automatically merged

images

here's an url to images of where this was also part of. This is not the big psd picture the image in my original post was from, that original image is very big in size and its layered.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

They gave them some colour code so you can distinguish it much faster from afar.
That grey green black could have been mistaken for the Bio-rifle in the heat of a match.
especially when dropped by an opponent.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Does this flak cannon have a different name than the more yellow one that's common to UT? Something I could look for.

Although, there's a lot of unused skins in UT's default files; it may be in there.

If not, might be possible to do a basic tint edit to match it up... but that wouldn't change how it looks when holding it, only how it looks as a pickup item.

You'd have to make a skin, with a HUD view, and then incorporate into a .u file to make a standalone weapon.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

If you change the multiskins you can do the first person ones(or in the code if it conflicts with one slot), apart from having a mesh duplicate in.

When we got the unreal 2 pre alphas it had botpack sources too and there is actually a very blurry temporary skin called flakcannon.pcx. Apart from flak3 and flak4 (imported as flakt_3 and flakt_3 I believe) which you can use as combination, it has not much else, however the old flakcannon.pcx is for the pickup model only. It is entirely black but too blurry/low res. That was really when they made it first but it was simply black not even greenish like you see in those pictures. The first ut flak was simply black. It was just called ut_flakcannon always to my knowledge but I cannot know for sure. You see on the screenshots I linked the "Tournament" logo was like inbetween version between the beta 222 leak and the 221 one. They obviously went for the font like in original unreal for the tournament text, but "unreal" got dropped from this logo for some reason. Maybe at that point they were thinking of..well I don't know really, perhaps to market it less tied to Unreal despite the logo being even more similar?

But yea if you got the unreal 2 pre alphas look at the botpack directory for flakcannon.pcx, this one is for the pickup model only but is not found inside the released botpack.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I am attaching the flakcannon.pcx i talked about.
Attachments
flakcannon.pcx.gz
(139.83 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:07 pm No its different, its darker and mostly black/green. On other pictures its even darker but this one the brightness was a lot higher as it was a composite psd picture of high quality originally. But it is brighter than its supposed to be, if you did this to the normal model/skin it would look even brighter and all plastic. the retail skin is too colorful/plastic like, while this still had some subtlety. This is from the time when they made the ut flakcannon, but soon they changed the skin into those toy-like colors and I dislike them.

Originally it was meant to be metal/greenish at best and black otherwise. Don't know what posessed them to make it into what it became even the later 222 beta has it changed. The black skins (if you have the source) are also of earlier date than that, so it really got changed.

I know this because the picture where this comes from also has enforcer and the old pulsegun and enforcer looks basically the same but the flak is definitely different still.

Automatically merged

images

here's an url to images of where this was also part of. This is not the big psd picture the image in my original post was from, that original image is very big in size and its layered.
Any disk images from this cover?and back cover?I can published this on mine website its suited material?
Material posted, in the news section.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.