Too many models/skins/voicepacks?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
David_OSU
Novice

Too many models/skins/voicepacks?

Post by David_OSU »

Recently, I've added a lot of new models, skins, and voicepacks to my UT installation. I also added Xbots to manage the mess. Since then, I've been having a lot of issues with models not showing up (reverting back to default UT models), and models showing up with the wrong skin (or all one color).

Is there a limit to how many models and skins you can have? Does UT start to lose its mind if you have too much junk in the \System folder? It seems like I may have really screwed up my UT install, but I'm not sure what's causing the problems.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Re: Too many models/skins/voicepacks?

Post by Sergeant Todd »

David_OSU,

OK, the obvious.....are all the files in the correct folder? Sometimes they are extracted to a subfolder under the main folder, for example, UT/System/System.....check that m8 :)
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
David_OSU
Novice

Re: Too many models/skins/voicepacks?

Post by David_OSU »

Sergeant Todd,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I never automatically install umods, I always manually install all UT addons to make sure everything goes in the right place (and nothing gets overwritten by an older version file).

I was doing some compatibility testing with some mutators, so I wasn't using Xbots at the time. Seems like the problem doesn't happen when I've got Xbots active, so it may be a bug that Xbots corrects. Also, its possible that my default UT model list is messed up -- maybe I should revert that back to the default UT models and just use the Xbots lists for my custom models.