Diff between skins and models.

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
MaNiaK
Novice
Personal rank: Homer

Diff between skins and models.

Post by MaNiaK »

I don't understand the difference between skins and models. If i like a certain model then can i dl it or do i have to dl a skin with it or something? Sorry i know its a stupid question. i downloaded KORNET by superbeast and im not sure if im supposed to dl something else for it to work? :flag3:
gopostal

Re: Diff between skins and models.

Post by gopostal »

Models are the "framework" and skins are the "covering". This is true for most everything in UT from pickups to players to the levels you see. As far as players are concerned the Model holds the animations as well as the collision but it has no skin or texture. If you spawn a model without a skin it would be invisible, and if you spawn a texture or skin, it wouldn't show because it has nothing to attach to.
MaNiaK
Novice

Post by MaNiaK »

gopostal wrote:Models are the "framework" and skins are the "covering". This is true for most everything in UT from pickups to players to the levels you see. As far as players are concerned the Model holds the animations as well as the collision but it has no skin or texture. If you spawn a model without a skin it would be invisible, and if you spawn a texture or skin, it wouldn't show because it has nothing to attach to.
Okay thanks.. so since i downloaded a skin called a kornet by superbeast.. its a Male Soldier/Commando then what model do i have to download?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MaNiaK wrote: Okay thanks.. so since i downloaded a skin called a kornet by superbeast.. its a Male Soldier/Commando then what model do i have to download?
Male Soldier/Commando are both default model in UT ...the skin should be available (after install) as a new skin for a default model.
Or there is a new model called "Soldier/Commando" what I don't know.
You can find almost every model and skin at SkinCity
MaNiaK
Novice

Post by MaNiaK »

papercoffee wrote:
MaNiaK wrote: Okay thanks.. so since i downloaded a skin called a kornet by superbeast.. its a Male Soldier/Commando then what model do i have to download?
Male Soldier/Commando are both default model in UT ...the skin should be available (after install) as a new skin for a default model.
Or there is a new model called "Soldier/Commando" what I don't know.
You can find almost every model and skin at SkinCity
Yeah i got that skin from skin city. Thanks, I still have to get full version of ut so im downloading it now. Hope it works. :tu: