Upload ut model into 3dmodeling softwar ?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Grincevan

Upload ut model into 3dmodeling softwar ?

Post by Grincevan »

Hello .

I am a bit new into editing unreal . So i have lots of questions , i know somone who can tell me lots about it , but he allso showed me this forum for when i cant reach him .
Ill just ask 1 question for the moment though :

Is it possible to load the model of a unreal player into a 3dmodeling programe , do a few minor changes to it , save it and use it . So i dont have to create the animations\or any other difficult things myself ?
If this is possible , i would allso edit the skin myself , but i think i know how to do that .

Bye .
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Upload ut model into 3dmodeling softwar ?

Post by Feralidragon »

Afaik, it is possible, but only using skeletal models (Bonus Pack 4). Just make the new mesh (or edit an old one) let's say with MilkShape (since it has skeletal support and psk/psa export, and the male/female skeletal joints to link), export it, then import it using ucc or UMake, or use ActorX (I never used skeletal models in UT, so I am not sure what's the best program to make the import and other adjustments you find necessary).
Grincevan

Post by Grincevan »

Feralidragon wrote:Afaik, it is possible, but only using skeletal models (Bonus Pack 4). Just make the new mesh (or edit an old one) let's say with MilkShape (since it has skeletal support and psk/psa export, and the male/female skeletal joints to link), export it, then import it using ucc or UMake, or use ActorX (I never used skeletal models in UT, so I am not sure what's the best program to make the import and other adjustments you find necessary).

Allright , Thanks alot !

Good you'v writen it all down , i wouldent remember all that .
I will try this out as soon i am finished with my first map :)

bye.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

welcome to the forum :)
you might want to read this tutotrial
http://skinmaker.tripod.com/id27.htm
the download of the 'skinmaker program' doesnt work, so you could google to find it.