Models disappear in the distance?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Max]I[muS-X
Novice

Models disappear in the distance?

Post by Max]I[muS-X »

Hey, I exported a model from a mutator called U4E using umodel to mess around with. It works fine, except that in-game the model begins to disappear a face at a time the further back you stand from it. I know umodel has produced broken models before that I had to fix by unwelding then welding the vertices again in Milkshape, but that won't work for this problem. It should also be noted that in the original mutator, this model does NOT disappear in the distance. Here's a few images so you can see the problem.

CLOSE:

MEDIUM:

FAR:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Models disappear in the distance?

Post by Feralidragon »

You have 2 ways of fixing that bug:

1 - Adjust the LODBias property (in Display) of the actor to 8.000000 or a close value to it;
OR
2 - Add the following line to your #exec imports:

Code: Select all

#exec MESH LODPARAMS MESH=YourMesh STRENGTH=0.0
In 2), Strength is the amount of detail you want to see on distance, and goes from 0.0 to 1.0 (the higher the value, less detail it will show, and therefore more quickly it will disappear).

Personally, I give always values between 0.25 and 0.75 (since if I give 0.0 to everything, once I see too many models even on distance the game will lag), depending on my models, and in your case anything between 0.25 and 0.5 should do it, thinking about performance of course.