Double Entries using UT's Native 4 Letter Codes

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Superunknown II
Novice
Personal rank: Unknown Soldier

Double Entries using UT's Native 4 Letter Codes

Post by Superunknown II »

So I did some new skins for my UT99 project. However, I'm using 4 letter codes that are the same as some native to UTskins. When I do this, I end up with double entries in the name fields when selecting a skin to play with (it appears to referencing names from bots/players with the same 4 letter code in other .utx and .int files), I figured this wouldn't and SHOULDN'T happen because though the skins have some of the same 4 letter codes, the skins are drawing their info from .utx and .int files that have completely different names that the native ones. Also, this only sees to be happening with the players' face and/or head textures/skins, any ideas?
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Re: Double Entries using UT's Native 4 Letter Codes

Post by TheDane »

yes, what I think is happening is that your new skin is added as EditPackages="x" or ServerPackages="x"

Then the textures name is that 4 letters, so as BotPack and your package is both in memory both textures are present with the same name. So when refering to e.g. ABCD it will maybe not look at the package name but only the texture name?
Retired.
Superunknown II
Novice
Personal rank: Unknown Soldier

Re: Double Entries using UT's Native 4 Letter Codes

Post by Superunknown II »

TheDane wrote:yes, what I think is happening is that your new skin is added as EditPackages="x" or ServerPackages="x"

Then the textures name is that 4 letters, so as BotPack and your package is both in memory both textures are present with the same name. So when refering to e.g. ABCD it will maybe not look at the package name but only the texture name?
Checked my UnrealTournament.ini, I didn't see any references to my new skins in the Edit Packages or Server Packages. I did notice that changing the 4 letter codes worked though, but out of sheer curiosity, is there any other way to use the same codes but yet have the system see them as different from the native ones, getting around this having both my new and UT''s old skins in memory?