Venom Skin

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Embr
Novice

Venom Skin

Post by Embr »

I posted a while back about a Venom skin for the new Venom comics by Rick Remender. A description of why he looks different will be in the bottom of this post, so if you would rather read the comics yourself, then I'd just skip that bit. So, I took a simple black skin, and modded it to have the appearance of the new symbiote "suit" style.

*SPOILERS*

Ok, well the new Venom is Flash Thompson (Spiderman's high school bully turned war hero and Spiderman's best friend). He lost his legs in battle, and a government agency offered to let him use the suit for missions, which lets Flash be useful once more.

*EDIT*

Ok, after much hard work and sturfz, here it is! The UT99.org Edition VENOM Skin!!! The logo color changes with teams, instead of the hourglass like in mine.
Attachments
VenomSuit-UT99.org Edition.zip
(464.47 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
Last edited by Embr on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Venom Skin

Post by EvilGrins »

That's pretty sweet...but why did you go with a War Machine edit?

The symbiote isn't exactly technological.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

What about a download link?
With an download this thread would make more sense. because it is an release thread ...or not?
Embr
Novice

Post by Embr »

@Evilgrins - Well, I have 3 main reasons:
1) The new Venom's host is a military man, and since the symbiote can change shape to anything it wants (that will fit it's host inside, that is), which is shown in several previous Venom comics, it makes sense that in a battle situation, it would make itself the least vulnerable as possible (ie: heavy armor).
2) It was one of the only skins that I had that worked for it, and I'm too lazy to make a full body muscle suit texture set.
3) It looks bad-a**.
Oh, and ever since I started playing UT99 (back when the GOTY first came out) I have always used War Machine skin for all of my online playing.

@papercoffee - The reason I don't have a download link is because this isn't a release thread. I'm just showing off my new skin, and pretty much looking for some C&C. I like having a skin that I (and I alone) can use. Call me petty, but I like to feel special, lol.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Embr wrote:@Evilgrins - It was one of the only skins that I had that worked for it, and I'm too lazy to make a full body muscle suit texture set.
Shoulda mentioned you were looking for one. I've got a base set for superheroes skinsets.

Sample:
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3499

Embr
Novice

Post by Embr »

Heck, EvilGrins. If you upload that set, I'll upload a UT99.org edition with that muscle body. That way, I still have my "special" version, but everyone else can run that version if they want.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, have you tried using the Unreal Tournament Skin Maker program yet? I love it, because I can put all of the skins on a model instantly, then if I make any changes to the file during the process, it auto updates what I see on the mock-up model. Plus, it converts everything straight over to the .utx and .int for me.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Not so much. Lots of folks have sent me various editors and maybe I'll get around to using some of them someday but I'm kinda set in my ways. I learned skinning from scratch and I really can do it well enough with ThumbsPlus, MS Paint, and notepad.

Sad as that may sound, it seems to be working for me · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3416

TRON template attached, no hands or face included.

By the by, I got the template from edits of the skins made by Chris Ollis, so be sure to credit both of us. I made these TRON textures from an edit of the Silver Surfer.
Attachments
TRON template.zip
(128.92 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Embr
Novice

Post by Embr »

OK, guys. I've edited the original post with a picture and attachment for the UT99.org version of the skin. Let me know if it works well.

Embr