Neon green skin?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Neon green skin?

Post by MEAT »

The skin works great offline...but when I go online the skin turns green.
Is this caused by an incorrect ServerPackages= entry/spelling?
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Re: Neon green skin?

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

Pix or it didnt happen! :o
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

Post by Acid.OMG »

Could be an issue with the textures. How are you saving the image file before importing to UTSM?
[/Awesome]
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This is not all that unusual. I'm assuming you don't mean the whole screen turns green, it looks more like whatever the model is but it has silver and green streaks on it?

Like this:

Yeah, it's probably a serverpackages thing. Where the correct model is listed but not the specific skin being used. Or a typo on that last part.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

EvilGrins wrote:This is not all that unusual. I'm assuming you don't mean the whole screen turns green, it looks more like whatever the model is but it has silver and green streaks on it?
Yeah, the skin itself turns green.
And I've seen this before but I just can't remember how I fixed it.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The server is missing the skin... or the client is missing the skin... or this skin is used by a bot then is there another issue what appears in the assembling process of the Skin-Maker.
SKM tutorial wrote:Q) What is the talk texture?
A) The talk texture is the little picture that appears at the top of the screen in UT when you say something (usually a picture of the persons head). This is the easiest picture to create because it is just like a passport photo. To create the talk texture it must be a picture of 64 x 64 pixels. (I use a 24bit BMP file). You can just reduce a digital photo for this, but remember its only small, so detail will be lost if you do this.
Once created... to add in the talk texture, right click on "talk texture" and choose "add texture"
on the new box, click the "..." button and point it to your talk texture file. Leave the "< default >" bit alone - hit "ok"
If it has worked ok - you will now see your talk texture in the top left hand corner of the model preview.

IMPORTANT - You have to repeat the above again, and add the talk texture again (using the same picture file) - except this time change the "< default >" to something else - I.E. "sexyface". Faliure to do this will prevent you using your skin on the "bots" in UT (for some strange reason)
If done correctly, under "talk texture" in the skin editor box, you should now have "< default >" and then your own named talk texture (i.e. "sexy face") underneath that!
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4487 <= Click!!