Some characters Unplayable?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Some characters Unplayable?

Post by UTNerd24 »

I've noticed that some custom character models for some reason cannot be selected on Single player mode or in the bot setup...

Any way to fix this?
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Some characters Unplayable?

Post by papercoffee »

UTNerd24 wrote:I've noticed that some custom character models for some reason cannot be selected on Single player mode or in the bot setup...

Any way to fix this?
Bots: That's because they screwed up the skinning process ... The UT Skin-Maker has an tutorial where this problem is also mentioned.

Single player: I didn't know that you could use any custom skin in this mode. You can't even use special default skins like the Robots.
Or do you mean the Bot-Match/Practice-Match? Then, it's again that they screwed up the skinning process.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:
UTNerd24 wrote:I've noticed that some custom character models for some reason cannot be selected on Single player mode or in the bot setup...

Any way to fix this?
Bots: That's because they screwed up the skinning process ... The UT Skin-Maker has an tutorial where this problem is also mentioned.

Single player: I didn't know that you could use any custom skin in this mode. You can't even use special default skins like the Robots.
Or do you mean the Bot-Match/Practice-Match? Then, it's again that they screwed up the skinning process.
I'm pretty sure you could... I think you edit the skin they would wear and it should work, but I'm not too sure. In user.ini is where to set the bot skin.

If the skin is not coming up, then the only thing I can think of that the file is in different folder or don't have an .int file with it.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

From years back, one of my favorite models was this guy:

Well done, frosting team colors, well handled overall. Incorporated the newer skeletal structure for models that came out around the same time.

Small problem, you couldn't play as it. In the selection menu for yourself you'd get a crude outline of the killer cookie guy but it was a blank gray thing. Only on bots could you see the full detail. Well, you could play as it but you'd be that blank gray thing I mentioned.

I don't know if that was on purpose, for its creator loving to slaughter cookie people, or a glitch.

If it was fixable, I don't have a clue how you'd do it.

There are a few other models with this same issue. Used to keep a list of them, back in the days I downloaded every new thing that came out, but I don't remember where that list is now.
SP is a whole different animal. To simplify things it's basically setup to only allow you to be certain things, doesn't make sense to play as a Skaarj if you're fighting against a Skaarj army sorta thing. I rarely play SP so can't fully speak to that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758