Problem with a New Skin

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
The_CrY
Novice

Problem with a New Skin

Post by The_CrY »

Hi all,

While making what is supposed to be just a private skin for the Skaarj Hybrid model, I ran into a problem that's never occurred before with other models I made a skin for. But since it's the first time I'm trying the Skaarj Hybrid model, perhaps there was something I overlooked. However, I just can't figure out what went wrong. :nonono:

In UT Skinmaker v.2.4.1 I added all the textures (except for talk textures) and it looks great. Or at least, it looks the way it should look. I compile the project to utx/int, ready to shoot some screenshots for the talk textures. However, when I select the skin in the Player Setup, the Chest and Arms & Legs textures have all been replaced by Arena Warrior textures. As strange as it is, the correct faces do appear. :???:

As far as I can see via UnrealEd, the *.utx file does contain the correct textures. And any change I make to the *.int file makes everything crash. I've uploaded both files as attachments to this post. If anyone can offer a solution to this, I'd be very grateful. :)
Attachments

[The extension utx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

tskmskins_blackskull.int
(931 Bytes) Downloaded 157 times
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Problem with a New Skin

Post by EvilGrins »

For the record, I've never skinned the Skaarj Hybrid from scratch... just done some edits to correct skin colors, or add all 4. I'm at work so I can't check the .utx from here but I did take a look at your .int and think I found your problem.
Spoiler
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk2,Class=Texture,Description="Black Skull")
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk2brutus,Class=Texture,Description="Brutus")
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk2gkublok,Class=Texture,Description="Gkublok")
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk2rampager,Class=Texture,Description="Rampager")
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk3T_1,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk3T_3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk3T_2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk3T_0,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk4,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk4T_1,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk4T_3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk4T_2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=tskmskins_blackskull.blsk4T_0,Class=Texture)
You've got blsk2 - blsk4, but nowhere do you have blsk1. I'm guessing the parts that you're seeing from the wrong skin is because you didn't enter a blsk1 section anywhere in the .int file.

Again, that's just a guess.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
The_CrY
Novice

Post by The_CrY »

Thanks for your reply. It seems to work now. :)

Thing is, the Skinmaker program does not offer the option of adding a blsk1 texture file, so I had to import it manually via UnrealEd and then change the *.int file. I guess I should've been able to figure this out on my own, I feel dumb. Anyway, many thanks :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Try this tutorial of the original creator ...step by step and every skin will work.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4487
The_CrY
Novice

Post by The_CrY »

papercoffee wrote:Try this tutorial of the original creator ...step by step and every skin will work.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4487
Thanks! But I'm not unfamiliar with the Skinmaker program though, I've used it for quite some years already. Which is exactly why I find it strange that I ran into this little problem. But at least now I know how to solve it. Anyway, thanks for your reply regardless :)