Devilfish Redone

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Devilfish Redone

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, these are awesome. The laser is pretty effective - I've given them rather more heatlh to make them that much more formidable - the laser gun skin on them looks good as well. Another monster to use in MonsterSpawn! :gj:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

OjitroC wrote:Yes, these are awesome. The laser is pretty effective - I've given them rather more heatlh to make them that much more formidable - the laser gun skin on them looks good as well. Another monster to use in MonsterSpawn! :gj:
They will work great with MonsterSpawn.

But.....

If you use the Dropper mutator to add them to games, you can set the health to whatever you want. (via the HMult or SPHMult vars.)

If you use the SwarmSpawner to add them, you can set the health, skincolor, LaserLength, LaserDamage, Meleedamage and who knows what else.

It seems they are a bit harder to configure than the MonsterSpawn, but can do quite a bit more if you get the ini files right.
The guy who wrote those things should be flogged for not making them simpler. Look at the readme.txt files 3 times.
blarg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

MrLoathsome wrote: If you use the SwarmSpawner to add them, you can set the health, skincolor, LaserLength, LaserDamage, Meleedamage and who knows what else.

It seems they are a bit harder to configure than the MonsterSpawn, but can do quite a bit more if you get the ini files right.
The guy who wrote those things should be flogged for not making them simpler. Look at the readme.txt files 3 times.
I think I will get around to using SwarmSpawner eventually - it's just that I do use a large number and variety of monsters and, as you say, it does look harder (or more time consuming) to configure SwarmSpawner - however its versatility in respect of configurable properties does make it very tempting.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Think i'm gonna swap your lazer toting guppies with something in here:
Longterm edit, mostly to get rid of those ugly textures, and a lot of monsters most nobody's seen before. Was planning the boss I had at the end (GrimReaper) was a bad bad idea, and a newer monster (Predator) I had in a different room would make a better boss... so now your lazer fishies can take that room over.

Just a thought.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758