Skinning Suggestions

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Skinning Suggestions

Post by EvilGrins »

Being a HUGE geek, and a long time Trekkie, even before I started learning how to skin I was actively seeking out Star Trek skins. Found a few here and there, most of which were kind of disappointing but as I got better at skinning I went to track down those bad ones to see if I could fix them.

One of the 1st I found, again, was a Captain Kirk skin. Typical yellow shirt deal, his face mapped onto the model fairly well, but the team colors were just a splash of color on the torso. I decided that wouldn't do and made my 1st Red Shirt skin:
It's got a few faces, a few kinda funny talk textures, and a team color issue.

The problem with the Solder model, Male & Female, which applies to Commando of both as well, is the Team Colors don't go onto the arms & shoulders. I've seen many work around this fairly well but it doesn't work for Star Trek very well.

This is a failure, in my eyes, someone else made:
To me, that's just painful. So much so I took a few tries on that skin and made a "Mirror Universe" type skin:
Has faces for Evil Kirk, Evil Sulu, Evil Chekov, Evil Bones, Evil Scotty, and (with an edit from papercoffee) Evil Spock.

Mirror Universe being a parallel dimension sort of deal, where the uniforms were a bit more barbaric, so bare arms worked... but that didn't help my more traditional Red Shirts skin.

Granted the Red Shirts work great for MonsterHunt...
...but outside of that it's an issue.

Traditional Starfleet uniforms, from the age Red Shirts come from, only have the rank on the ends of the sleeves:
As I'm sure any would agree, that's a little hard to see in-game if you're playing Team Games.

Been doing a number of internet searches on Red Shirts, for awhile now, trying to find a design I could incorporate into the skin that would allow for better team colors... but haven't had much luck.

Any suggestions?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Skinning Suggestions

Post by papercoffee »

It's bright red ...this will always be an issue with team visibility.
:|
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

EG, do yourself a favor. Get a copy of this book:

Don't read anything about it, go in cold without knowing ahead of time. I promise you that you'll enjoy it. It's a roller coaster ride with a twist ending you won't at all see coming. It's one of the better books I've spent time with and it was written with people like you and I in mind.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Panic spreads through the ship as someone is overhead admitting they sent their red socks with the laundry.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote:Panic spreads through the ship as someone is overhead admitting they sent their red socks with the laundry.
looool