Quick question about the 6 decimal thing...

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
FXANBSS
Skilled

Quick question about the 6 decimal thing...

Post by FXANBSS »

Hi.
I wonder which type of value is the number with 6 decimal, example 1.000000, when you modify a class, you can see a lot of values which have 6 decimals...
I want to modify them with Cheat engine but idk which type of value is, so i can't find anything.

A lot of games uses this kind of values, i would like to know how to modify them with Cheat engine.

Yeah, this is a bad place to ask... i think.
I was searching for hours about that value but nothing.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Quick question about the 6 decimal thing...

Post by papercoffee »

FXANBSS wrote:Cheat engine
:confused2: what?
I hope you just mistranslated what you intended to say.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Cheat engine isn't always used for "cheating", it actually just changes the values of certain adresses in memory. I use CE to test Unreal Engine 1 where it is normally impossible and I'm too lazy to fire up UnrealEd.

That decimal number is (normally!) called "float"...
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

i know it's float but there are three options, idk which is the real float, truncated is default, it seems that is the one i need to use, i think.

- Rounded (default)
- Rounded (extreme)
- Truncated
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

FXANBSS wrote:i know it's float but there are three options, idk which is the real float, truncated is default, it seems that is the one i need to use, i think.

- Rounded (default)
- Rounded (extreme)
- Truncated
These options normally aren't important unless you want to round or truncate the actual float value to the precision specified in the input, but that's my guess since it's been a long time since I used float operations in Cheat Engine (more like, health hacks).
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction