No telefrag at start - update to V3

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: No telefrag at start - update to V3

Post by sektor2111 »

Being about telefrag problems, fore mentioned TelTweak (aka Teleporter bugger) is again on working table because I think it was a bit aggressive and it did not took in account A.I. that much. Perhaps future versions will do some teleporter fixing by entirely passing job to other actor teleporter without to mock paths through teleporter.
I'm doing tests around Teltweak Server-Side tool morphed into a state type version and... completed with a few A.I. things and "reward":
- Teleporter touched is blocked ONLY in next tick - it was reacting too fast - at least in my machines I was interested about a better way. Right now looks a bit more domestic and good for normal game-play;
- Teleporter blocked has now a higher cost - no more crapping around for a short time - allow teleported pawn to leave exit without to be gibbed from the back - by using this way bots are not bunching at teleporters as they usually do - at least behavior is different as I could see;
- Pawn teleported if moves slow is kicked a bit - if pawn is evil and doesn't leave spot still camping closer is counted for Reward. If still wants to mock, a nice Combo explosion doing some damage will be activated in teleporter radius and this is repeated if pawn still stay there until is killed as Reward - attempting to crash server = death as the prize - then teleporters are "enabled" again (still thinking to subtract some score here as well just to ruin the hopes and dreams and happiness - and stupid stats - of turd making a mess with teleporters and/or even gibbing it instantly);
- Here I was adding a "capping fix" because actor tracker of teleporter is copying Teleporter collision. If you ask whats the deal, I will tell you that some dude writing a MH tutorial was doing a map with an useless teleporter having 6000+ CollisionRadius - a genius bullshitting seems normal in UT even for me looks like one with a bad mental state - only trying to gain popularity but having no clue what was doing - even he said that he likes map MonsterOfSpam which is really crap at stuff setup - I don't see what is fascinating by doing damage to a MH server :???: .

Right now this it's in testing stage in order to see multiple instances of game-play in Godz type maps (using my MH-Sk_Godz map because others are myths at bot support).
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: No telefrag at start - update to V3

Post by sektor2111 »

After even using 2 machines for client related tests, I think TelTweak ported to a more smoother state version is probably ready even for sharing. Here it is the tool which I was testing these days - a server-side tool.
[attachment=0]TelTweak_State.zip[/attachment]

I'm posting it here because it's also a telefrag related tiny solution.
Source-code is being included - name is not changed because is a Server type thing so it is not addressing player for mismatch versions problems.
It's pretty much helpful reporting of any trouble if it does exist.
Attachments
TelTweak_State.zip
(61.85 KiB) Downloaded 46 times