I need a standard actor that has a variable of type Actor

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

I need a standard actor that has a variable of type Actor

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I'm trying to not to make maps dependent on the gametype I'm creating (race), so that the map can be played on another gametype other than the one I'm creating.
I'm even trying to not to make, players who want to play that map on a standard gametype, to download additional packs of actors or whatever from my gametype, when they don't even need it (because playing a standard gametype).
I wanted to know if there is a standard actor that has in its code a variable of type Actor (not class<Actor>) that is configurable in-editor. Actually I even need that the same actor has two int variables that are configurable in-editor too, but I think many actors have int variables that can be configured in-editor.

This variable is needed because I wanted let the mapper to link an actor, like a mover or a monster or whatever, to the gametype system to make it race with the players. It works but, for now, I'm using a custom actor and this would mean download a pack that you don't need if you're playing that map as deathmatch (for example).
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: I need a standard actor that has a variable of type Acto

Post by sektor2111 »

FortStandard is an example of dedicated stuff, if game-type running is not an Assault it will self destruct. Any problem if you make stuff for RACE game-type and who self destruct if game-type is not a RACE class ? I'm not sure if you need a harder life with complex sort of settings just actors like BiterFish, FortStandard or... Monster in Non-monster games (doesn't exist).

Aside a lesson from destruction. I think last time I have been making actors morphed in trash rather than destruction. Some of them do nasty things if they are destroyed, unless you classes leaves game in a more friendly way. Example that NoSpam which I was doing, I'm no longer destroy abusive monsters, I ruin them to no longer disturb pawnlists and the rest - because in heavy loads was crashy. Else, map might have a MyLevel-ed stuff to control things if game-type doesn't match the target environment.

For such out of goal stuff I'm not sure if you need a "variable".