Accessing PlayerPawn in ModifyLogin()??

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Accessing PlayerPawn in ModifyLogin()??

Post by Spectra »

Is there any way to access the properties of PlayerPawn using ModifyLogin function of mutator??

Background Story:
I am trying to make a mutator which will assign song when Level.Song == None, otherwise it will simply destroy itself.
Mutator has config string which will then Dynamic Load Object the music and calling ClientSetMusic() function of PlayerPawn to play the music.

I don't think this is possible by ModifyLogin() too, (correct me I am wrong!) because ModifyLogin() is called, when client is still connecting to server like downloading stuff, etc and not connected to server (PostLogin).
Or is there any way to call PostLogin in mutator??

Seriously, who likes to play the game without music?? Well I don't.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Accessing PlayerPawn in ModifyLogin()??

Post by papercoffee »

In the past I disabled the music ...but I missed something ...the atmosphere was duller.
But many people like it that way. Most competitive player disable it to hear the opponent better.

Regarding planned Mutator.
Question1: Is everyone, who connect to the server, listening then the same music?
Question2: Are people, who don't like to hear the music and switch it off, forced to listen it?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Grab the code for the PostalBabes I did. In it is a way to stop all other level musics and then dynamically assign your music to all the players. It has an ini file you can use to make your assignments so you don't have to recode to change your songs whenever you want. This isn't a hard thing to accomplish, just follow how I did it. BTW you can also assign this per player too. Your music doesn't have to be my music, but that's a discussion for another day.

If you need help Rocky just email me. I don't check in here nearly as often as I used to.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In MH2 I have a SongKeeper or such (cannot recall all details). It keeps song changed in game even for new comers fresh joined.
It's based on player StartTime from PlayerReplicationInfo if I'm not mistaking.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Good to see you Nels. Hope things are OK my friend :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

JackGriffin wrote:Good to see you Nels. Hope things are OK my friend :)
Yeah things are good at this moment I see a dude experienced in recovering bad geometry.

I think ClientSetMusic() can be used combined with a sort of actor owned by player. Actor can track player and set a boolean if music has been added... at end of match get rid of it. Hint: Mutator spawning trackers must be there for new comers too. You cannot get rid of it in next second because the rest of players coming later before end won't have music.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Papercoffee wrote:Regarding planned Mutator.
Question1: Is everyone, who connect to the server, listening then the same music?
Yes, same music.
Papercoffee wrote:Question2: Are people, who don't like to hear the music and switch it off, forced to listen it?
Nope, client has the right whether they want to listen or not!
My main goal is to play music only if map has no default music set. I don't like it, when the music-less map is loaded and when you press Esc button and default menu music is played or if you are having oldskool which gives you liberty to set your default menu music.
JackGriffin wrote:Grab the code for the PostalBabes I did. In it is a way to stop all other level musics and then dynamically assign your music to all the players. It has an ini file you can use to make your assignments so you don't have to recode to change your songs whenever you want. This isn't a hard thing to accomplish, just follow how I did it. BTW you can also assign this per player too. Your music doesn't have to be my music, but that's a discussion for another day.
Thanks I will take a look at PostalBabes.
JackGriffin wrote:If you need help Rocky just email me. I don't check in here nearly as often as I used to.
Sure, but your health is first priority, then comes my doubts.
Sektor2111 wrote:In MH2 I have a SongKeeper or such (cannot recall all details). It keeps song changed in game even for new comers fresh joined.
It's based on player StartTime from PlayerReplicationInfo if I'm not mistaking.
I think this SongKeeper is what I needed. Thanks! Can you put your ZIP here??
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Rocky wrote:I think this SongKeeper is what I needed. Thanks! Can you put your ZIP here??
No, I cannot double-posting to break rules, see "MH attached types" thread or such closer name, it links to an old MH2 version which I think has the feature, else I'll send you something much updated (related to more tweaks).
Edit:If everything worked fine you might see a PM around...