RespawnTime/bInstantRespawn

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Barbie
Godlike

RespawnTime/bInstantRespawn

Post by Barbie »

Because the DoubleJump inventory does not work anymore after picking up certain inventory items (eg. a ScubaGear) in map MH-RistvakBaen+fix2, I had a closer look at it and found that all ScubaGears in the maps differs with

Code: Select all

RespawnTime=0
bInstantRespawn=True
from the default values

RespawnTime=20
bInstantRespawn=False
As soon as I have picked up such an item, doublejump does not work anymore and also the HUD weapon status bar hides all weapons except the current selected. Leaving this issue apart I'm interested in what RespawnTime and bInstantRespawn really does:
The comments in the code of Inventory.uc say that RespawnTime==0 means "instant respawn":

var() bool		bInstantRespawn;	  // Can be tagged so this item respawns instantly.
var() float     RespawnTime;          // Respawn after this time, 0 for instant.
bInstantRespawn is not used in any stock UC script; is it evaluated by the engine?

Another code snippets from Inventory.uc (global function) says that RespawnTime==0 means "no respawn":

function DropFrom(vector StartLocation) {
	if ( !SetLocation(StartLocation) )
		return; 
	RespawnTime = 0.0; //don't respawn
}
State Sleeping {
Begin:
	Sleep( ReSpawnTime );
	PlaySound( RespawnSound );	
	Sleep( Level.Game.PlaySpawnEffect(self) );
	GoToState( 'Pickup' );
}
So the meaning of RespawnTime depends on the state of that object?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: RespawnTime/bInstantRespawn

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not sure About STATE but I'm saying that is a variable which is used even by Skaarj as long as if we have a Factory spawning Skaarj is not a good thing to see X++ Weapons respawned levitating there for no reason...
Btw, you have to fix Weapons dropped by these freaks... because they only hangs...
As for DoubleJump I don't even have that installed in server and I won't have it so I cannot help in testing these... As usual, New stuff = New bugs = New headaches.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: RespawnTime/bInstantRespawn

Post by Barbie »

Thanks for reply. As I'm not in the mood digging deeper into that yet, I run a map specific patch on loading where I change RespawnTime from 0 to 1.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett