Where are console commands (e.g. "SUMMON"/"GHOST") defined?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
nullbyte
Novice

Where are console commands (e.g. "SUMMON"/"GHOST") defined?

Post by nullbyte »

Recently I've been trying to replicate the behavior of several console commands on-the-fly either in-game (e.g. "set playerpawn physics PHYS_Flying") or within UScript files.

It would be massively helpful if I knew where UT's console commands were actually defined, and/or had a list of them.

What I mean is, when I type (e.g.) "GHOST" into the console, I'd like to know what commands are actually being executed; which of the playerpawn properties are being changed etc..

Would this be available anywhere such as in some source code somewhere?

Thanks.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Where are console commands (e.g. "SUMMON"/"GHOST") defin

Post by Barbie »

nullbyte wrote:It would be massively helpful if I knew where UT's console commands were actually defined, and/or had a list of them.
Open UnrealEd, Choose "View > Actor Class Browser", navigate to Object>Actor>Pawn>PlayerPawn and double click on it. There you'll find the script code, among others function Ghost:

Code: Select all

exec function Ghost() {
	if( !bCheatsEnabled )
		return;
	if ( !bAdmin && (Level.Netmode != NM_Standalone) )
		return;
	UnderWaterTime = -1.0;
	ClientMessage("You feel ethereal");
	SetCollision(false, false, false);
	bCollideWorld = false;
	GotoState('CheatFlying');
}
Instead of too much double clicking in the editor if you search something, try to download the full script code somewhere and use a grep or Windows text search program on it.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You work with UScript and you still did not exported all Scripts from Editor for reading/learning ? Excuse me but such topics are a nonsense, or I find them as a joke.
Barbie wrote:try to download the full script code somewhere and use a grep or Windows text search program on it.
Sure ???
How about this ? Whoever is hosting UScripts "source-code of UT" is clueless what UT is. Everything, but Every UC class from stock can be exported and read later by anyone except natives which can be get in other way.
[attachment=0]Download_Scripts.JPG[/attachment]
and now Find a text through UC files exported using a WinGrep or "File Commader" or such. I think I have exported Scripts more than 100 times especially if I'm working at a mutator or whatever which involves knowledge about several problems which doesn't have more better explanations than reading class itself as it is.
Beside, if you do a G00gle search about something like <Unreal Tournament Console Commands> probably you'll see more useful things. Else there are commands implemented in natives, you cannot see them in UScript but you might call some of them VIA UScript as in default examples (e.g. Ping data, etc.).
Attachments
Download_Scripts.JPG
Download_Scripts.JPG (45.99 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

It's a big project, but you might want to check out SemiAdmin:

https://github.com/meiskam/SemiAdmin/bl ... Mutator.uc

It implements quite a lot of this functionality in a way that gives you the power to issue commands from the console for named pawns, for example.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Peruse the source:
http://www.madrixis.de/undox/

As for the original post we just need more information. What are you trying to accomplish?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, On Topic about ConsoleCommands. Usually you can use <suicide> command if you have been trapped in a Level. However, because of the most loved console we might have other option(s). Because of attachment limited I demand 5 steps (could be 7).

Step 1) Fire Rockets and do a closer check if are in good state (flying properly, colored nice and all of them well oriented) cough...
[attachment=4]Shot0001.gif[/attachment]

Step 2) Fire direction must match the self execution wall to not miss the hall
[attachment=3]Shot0002.gif[/attachment]

Step 3) Step back to execution wall and get ready to meet grandpa.
[attachment=2]Shot0003.gif[/attachment]

Step 4) With any matter do not follow the light, the light will come for you... soon.
[attachment=1]Shot0005.gif[/attachment]

Step 6) ANIMALITY say <HI> and be polite with dead people...
[attachment=0]Shot0006.gif[/attachment]

Now feel free to play with Console.
Attachments
Shot0006.gif
Shot0006.gif (105.74 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Shot0005.gif
Shot0005.gif (122.25 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Shot0003.gif
Shot0003.gif (116.21 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Shot0002.gif
Shot0002.gif (114.74 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Shot0001.gif
Shot0001.gif (126.24 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
nullbyte
Novice

Post by nullbyte »

Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful replies. I don't know how I managed to miss the "GHOST" command in the Class Browser (or UnCodeX) source, but I did!

@Jack: I just want to see what's possible to do in the console. In this case I was trying to make another online player into a ghost, so he could fly around. I executed the following commands, but in the end nobody could move up or down on the Y axis. They could only move horizontally and I want to figure out what I was missing.

admin set playerpawn physics PHYS_Flying
admin set playerpawn bCollideActors false
admin set playerpawn bCollideWorld False
admin set playerpawn bCanFly true
@sektor: In your screenshots are you using a special console command to move in front of the rockets? Or are you using the "playersonly" command to freeze time? As far as I know that command can't be used during online play by admins, can it?

@Shai: SemiAdmin looks good, thank you.

Also yes, I should mention this is only for fun. I don't intend to permanently screw up my server settings or anything.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bingo !!! You figured that.

Aside What you need

admin set playerpawn physics PHYS_Flying
admin set playerpawn bCollideActors false
admin set playerpawn bCollideWorld False
admin set playerpawn bCanFly true
These are very doable writing codes normally,
admin set playerpawn physics PHYS_Flying = PlayerPawn.SetPhysics(PHYS_Flying)
admin set playerpawn bCollideActors false = PlayerPawn.SetCollision(..,..,...)
admin set playerpawn bCanFly true = PlayerPawn.bCanFly = True

You don't need any admin set for these, I advice you to use console ONLY where Normal functions doesn't help. Example fixing game crash in a Level having a broken network of paths. The only way in preventing a crash is Console. For the rest I suggest to leave alone console, that's not an answer.
nullbyte wrote:As far as I know that command can't be used during online play by admins, can it?
I cannot answer since I'm not using such things and I did not tried, for ON Line doesn't make sense, I'm not "welcoming" new comers with craps.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nullbyte
Novice

Post by nullbyte »

Sure, I understand these commands can be done in UScript but I wanted to see if it's possible to do this via console commands as it's much quicker and doesn't require making a mutator etc.

There's still something missing, however. With those commands I wrote above, players still can't move up or down. They can only move horizontally. I'm still experimenting.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Grab this:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11569

Full source included. Look at that.
All of its new Spectating modes are compatible with the default UT Ghost/Walk/Fly commands.

It was compiled with the min packages it needed. Works with 227. Not tried with others.
No Botpack dependency. Might run with other U1 engine games as it is....

*That is currently running on my test DM server. 99.67.106.156:9777
blarg
schwap
Novice

Post by schwap »

nullbyte wrote: There's still something missing, however. With those commands I wrote above, players still can't move up or down. They can only move horizontally. I'm still experimenting.
Your issue is that you can't set the players state to state CheatFlying via a "set" command as far as I know.

The original code does this, allowing the player to perform actual in-air-movement..

By setting physics to PHYS_Flying via consolecommand, the players state won't automaticly change to 'CheatFlying' tho.. it'll stay in 'PlayerWalking' or whatever state it was in b4, causing your problem.