Bot Bug in firing

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Gadavre
Skilled

Re: Bot Bug in firing

Post by Gadavre »

Chamberly wrote:
Gadavre wrote:FerBotz by Higor can not shoot in the player on a huge distance. He also can not find the player faster than original bot , if the player hid....
I really have no problem with ferbotz. .
. This Mutator does not work for me. And the installation is unclear. i had error after (Paths=../System/Botz/*.u) : cant find file for package 'engine'...

--- merged ---

could you help? How to change CollisionHeight for class PlayerPawn?
Last edited by Metalfist on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merging posts
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Gadavre
Can you please stop making double posts? It's against the forum rules. And it's very annoying.
You know already how to edit your former posts. Use the edit button if you are the last poster in a thread.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

However, I recall FerBotz - some guy called Aegor, after loading items from map he decided to camp nearby a vial doing nothing. At this point I'm not agree with this behavior. As long as in map are 2 players 1 Bot and 1 Human, MBot_D will NOT camp sleeping minutes, only if is waiting an armor to spawn or such, if map has PATHS.

@Oijtroc >
You don't need any experience with coding for doing a pathing test. Go to sniper area where was Gadavre camping and happily input in console "RememberSpot". Now go to ripper zone (as random example), and input "ShowPath" - Local testing alone to not be bugged by turds. If nothing happens go figure console-log messages...
Now put RememberSpot near BioRifle and move back to ripper. When you are reached at ripper input ShowPath. Lamp spawned should guide you to BioRifle but I have doubts about sniper area. THIS is what I'm talking about, Bot shoots player but cannot see how to get closer because "originally" those paths are incomplete. No coding is required and neither 100 tons of maths just 2 console commands which any mapper/tester should do before releasing a crap supposed with Bot Support.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: @Oijtroc >
You don't need any experience with coding for doing a pathing test. Go to sniper area where was Gadavre camping and happily input in console "RememberSpot". Now go to ripper zone (as random example), and input "ShowPath" - Local testing alone to not be bugged by turds. If nothing happens go figure console-log messages...
Now put RememberSpot near BioRifle and move back to ripper. When you are reached at ripper input ShowPath. Lamp spawned should guide you to BioRifle but I have doubts about sniper area. THIS is what I'm talking about, Bot shoots player but cannot see how to get closer because "originally" those paths are incomplete. No coding is required and neither 100 tons of maths just 2 console commands which any mapper/tester should do before releasing a crap supposed with Bot Support.
I always forget this commands. I have to write them down.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Around chapter: For a Bot check where might go or not BotyMan3 does a job - by using XCGE this one suddenly has a few new features (example: JumpSpot in account) In Deck16][ you will be driven to UDamage as well... I'll bet on 100$ that nobody at 3072 or other contest did not tested maps, driving me to NOT say much greetings at this point, because I see spots where Bot boosted was doing nothing + spots missing in paths - no other comments there.
Then, given lacks of pathing in a map like DM-Violator2006 having barriers not only for Head but even Legs, and spots allowing human UNREACHABLE, Bot might be easy to kill and hunter features are not that strong as expected, however such maps being designed pretty well (respect for artistic style) make me to fix them without much posting and speaking about them - random example. So we have such "Bot Bug in firing" if Bot cannot find you, not only in stock maps. I'm not complaining, I'm fixing maps, that's the point: LET A.I. to get ALL Items which player might get else for me = CHEATER map - creating an advantage for human toward Bot or other pawn = CHEATING, unfair combat, 0 skill, trash behavior, MANNER PROBLEMS - it's all I have to say. And This is WHAT Deck16][ has: Advantage human in using Redeemer because Bot never uses it (no default path) and is not that much interested to get PulseGun, Armor, in default roaming. So what we have ? An example of cheating coming right from Factory - that's why Deck16][ no longer exist in my gaming repositories, just in test-storage where I'm not playing it.