DLL files installer

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

DLL files installer

Post by Feralidragon »

Just a little quick question: lets say that a mod as a native C++ side, and therefor, a .u unreal package and a .dll with the native stuff.

So my question is: in a server, all unreal files (with some exceptions, like .int files) get downloaded by the client if the client don't have these, but if for instance the client don't have a certain mod that has a .dll file, does that file get downloaded by the client too?

I need really to know this for the development of something that will need such .dll.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: DLL files

Post by Myth »

It will be like the cheat detector thing. You remember, it asked you to exit so that it installs. What it does is that it copies the dll into the system folder. And asks you to restart UT because it seems that UT can't load dll's on the fly. At least that's what I think. Not 100% sure, but those that made UTCD should know.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yeah, but my doubt is there, I don't know if they made a redirect function to make UT send the dll to you, or if UT does that automatically.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Maybe you should ask dot, because his native Emittersystem is also included in the newest unreal 1 user patch.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Creavion wrote:Maybe you should ask dot, because his native Emittersystem is also included in the newest unreal 1 user patch.
Yeah, you're right, he's the right person to answer that. In fact, I was asking this because the dll I want to aplly is his emitter dll LOL :loool:
I feel really dumb now :ironic:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Asked to Dots, and he said that UT doesn't send the needed dlls to the client, at least not directly as it is.

You know UTDC right? It has an auto installer of the dll, but his package is encripted, so I can't see the auto installer.

So, if any of you know how to do an installer of custom dlls in UT, please tell me how to do it. :help: