Back into modding, but facing many problems

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Back into modding, but facing many problems

Post by Dr.Flay »

The ChaosUT sniper rifle is worth a look at. It is one of the few UT weapons with ammo you can hear travelling. You hear the zzzzzip of bullets as they miss you, or ricochet off a surface.
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

Dr.Flay wrote:The ChaosUT sniper rifle is worth a look at. It is one of the few UT weapons with ammo you can hear travelling. You hear the zzzzzip of bullets as they miss you, or ricochet off a surface.
I *think* I looked at it wayyyy back when I was starting Apocalypse Weapons, probably to look at their trail effect. I can't really remember the velocity/acceleration used on the projectile, though. Anyway, there's no problem with the bullets, bullet weapons were the first things I replaced!

I actually based my bullets on my Apocalypse Weapon bullets (minus ricocheting and other complex "physics" I used there). Speed on them is like 10000 or 15000 or something in between. I remember I've done a lot of testing when I created them to find out the maximum velocity on the engine and so on.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Darkness wrote:Also, a nice user PM'd me suggesting me to check a specific mod, trying to help me on the gravity problem.
Why PM'ing instead of posting it on here? Lol just worndering .o.
Darkness wrote: Also, I'll check Matrix Moves later, but I really guess it just would use standard 0.1 time dilatation at most, so it wouldn't really help. Let's see!
Matrix Moves also use custom projectiles for enforcer and other classes to avoid the instant trace hit.

On Unreal1, with the last version(227i if I remember good), you can hear sound distortions basing on your movements and position like the doppler effect.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:Why PM'ing instead of posting it on here? Lol just worndering .o.
As they say, each to their own!
PrinceOfFunky wrote:Matrix Moves also use custom projectiles for enforcer and other classes to avoid the instant trace hit.
Actually the matrix moves suggestion wasn't because of the tracer stuff, but because of the time dilatation and possible slower projectiles.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:On Unreal1, with the last version(227i if I remember good), you can hear sound distortions basing on your movements and position like the doppler effect.
I think UT also have this, but only for ambient sounds. Changing the pitch dinamically works great on Ambient Sounds... best "fix" for me would be to set an ambient sound and make it only play once.