Standard UDamage and Nali Weapons 3

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Standard UDamage and Nali Weapons 3

Post by Barbie »

nogardilaref wrote:Could you elaborate a bit?
Let's take an example: a mapper has set a Mover's OpeningSound to "Sound'Doorsmod.General.mlift6end'" but has used no other sounds in his map.
If the map is played, the sound "mlift6end" has been loaded at the client but no other sounds of package "Doorsmod". If the server sets for example Mover's MoveAmbientSound to "Sound'Doorsmod.General.mlift6loop'", that sound will not played at client. (But a simulated function with DynamicLoadObject should do the trick though.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

That would really only happen if someone poked a value manually into the properties post runtime. Any normal channel will compile the needed assets into the created product whether that's a map or mutator. You do see this type of failure more with meshes not having proper skin assignments. Since the mesh can render without a needed texture package being loaded it just spawns invisibly.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

nogardilaref wrote:It's a bit of a hack, but it might just work.
Yes it works, but only for the GiveAmp function and not the UDamage pickup items. So I found a solution directly in the HUD class, I can say it's also a hack but not worth mentioning...
nogardilaref wrote:Thus your only hope in that case is to create an Invulnerable pickup by extending NaliPickups itself
Hm I think that is too complicated for me at this time, perhaps later...

Many thanks for the help, I've come a lot further than I'd hoped.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Because I should not change default values of other mods in my own mod on the fly I can't change the default values of weapons of the Nali Weapons 3 mod that aren't configurable in the ini's? For example I want to decrease the damage the NW3 Shockrifle makes per shot, it isn't prossible without making a dependency to the Nali Weapons 3 package?
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

As far as I can see, this mod comes with tons of documentation on what you can do with it, and honestly I think you should take a good look into it to check what exactly you can do with it.

For instance:
if you open the NW3_SDK pdf file, in page 22 it talks about the NaliWeapons class and all you can set in it, and in that very page you can see DamageMult1 and DamageMult2, described as the damage multiplier for each fire mode.
So you could do:

Code: Select all

SomeWeaponReference.SetPropertyText("DamageMult1", 0.5);
so the main fire mode would only make half of the damage for example.

But you don't even need to code things yourself apparently, since there's a mutator in the NWExtrasVIII package, which is described in the INI_NWExtrasCfg pdf file, called "NWWeaponBalanceBoardA" which seems to extend "NWWeaponBalanceBoardMut".
And sure enough, the .ini (NWExtrasCfg.ini) even seems to have thrown in an example for you:

Code: Select all

[NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA]
WeaponOptions[0]=(WeaponClassName="IRPR",BasicOptions="ammorespawn=7.5;respawn=5.0;maxammo=100;ammo=40;startammo=66;firerate1=2.0;",PropertyOptions="ShotDamage=200;")
WeaponOptions[1]=()
WeaponOptions[2]=()
So I guess that all you have to do is to tweak this ini with what you want, and just load the mutator itself, and you're done. :thuup:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I saw the [NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA] configuration lines but thought that would be profiles that can be choosen only from the game itself and not a dedicated server.
But perhaps I have only to add NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardMut into my mapvote config and it works. Will try this in the next days...
Nali Weapons 3 is really comprehensive, the author has thought to allmost all...

EDIT: You have to add "NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA" to the mapvote config for using the NW3 balance board.