Trigerable Corona - v1.0

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Trigerable Corona - v1.0

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, while I had nothing to do in my work, I just openned Notepad and came up with an idea: a triggerable corona.

What it does? You can trigger it to turn it on/off, with 3 types of triggering (trigger control, pound and toggle, for now). It has a 4th option to loop an effect, like blinking, and the turn on/off trasition can be done by an instant way, or a timed smooth way.

However, this isn't a dynamic corona, this is just a normal corona for mapping only that can be triggered or looping some effects.

In this package are the TrigCorona.u (the corona itself) and a test map to see for yourself how it works and what you can do with it. The triggered corona is in: Light > TrigCorona.

http://files.filefront.com/TrigCoronara ... einfo.html

Report bugs and tell me what you wanted to see enhanced or added in the future, in the case you find this usefull or/and interesting somehow.
Note: I didn't test it online, so I don't know if it works online.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Trigerable Corona - v1.0

Post by GenMoKai »

I've tested it for offline first

First of all, they work good so far, and i've to say i was pretty amazed when i saw the "1337" tube room thingy. It can be very handy if you want to make a realistic airport or something. And also this can be very handy in SP mapping and stuff :tu:

I give a better feedback when i'm awake :lol:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Nice :tongue: I still wonder if there's bloom for UT99 though.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks, I just hope that more people finds this usefull... maybe I should report this trigger to unrealsp or something (maybe they have a good use to it).
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:Thanks, I just hope that more people finds this usefull... maybe I should report this trigger to unrealsp or something (maybe they have a good use to it).
I would say, give it a try. All feedback of your idea is good feedback i gues. And i think it also should be usefull for UnrealSP.org
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:Thanks, I just hope that more people finds this usefull... maybe I should report this trigger to unrealsp or something (maybe they have a good use to it).
I would say, give it a try. All feedback of your idea is good feedback i gues. And i think it also should be usefull for UnrealSP.org
Yeah, you're right, all feedback is a good one. But it seems to me that was not that usefull in unrealsp neither, got only 2 replies there LOL

Well, I really thought that this would be really usefull for somebody, as everyone felt very limited with coronas and coudn't do much. I will use it in my mapping anyway, and I will still enhance it as I may need and update this thread eventually.

Thanks for the feedback so far :tu:
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:When you say a triggerable corona do you say for example - a corona that appears when a light is switched on?

IE I shoot a light, it turns on WITH a corona.

If so it sounds very impressive and would make lights more realistic,however I don't think its necessary. I'll try downloading the sample later.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

-K¡ngS- wrote:When you say a triggerable corona do you say for example - a corona that appears when a light is switched on?

IE I shoot a light, it turns on WITH a corona.

If so it sounds very impressive and would make lights more realistic,however I don't think its necessary. I'll try downloading the sample later.
Well, that's the objective, with just a little difference: you don't shoot the corona directly, you use a trigger (where you are going to shoot) and that trigger triggers the corona to make it ON or OFF.

You can either have a loop effect or trigger it, and you can affect light or not (so you can either turn on and off the lights too, or just have the corona effect itself, your choice). This is the first version, I may enhance it so you can give even different colors to the coronas by just triggering them or so.
unnown

Post by unnown »

seems good :)
i'll see if i can use it :D