The increase of BotDesireability(???)

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Gadavre
Skilled

The increase of BotDesireability(???)

Post by Gadavre »

I want the Bot picking up my Pickup.He does it, but runs to the pickup only, if it is not very far from him. How to increase the range of BotDesireability?

Code: Select all

event float BotDesireability( pawn Bot )
{
	return MaxDesireability;
}

defaultproperties
{
     MaxDesireability=5.000000
}
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: The increase of BotDesireability(???)

Post by sektor2111 »

Desire 5 is pretty much enough for putting Bot on move. The problem comes if that thing has an InventorySpot assigned. Else Bot will never search for it, will only get it in a closer reachable range.

InventorySpot means Navigation added in Editor or via XCGE not a plain mutator.

For the default case you will need to use something from map - I mean replacing ThigPads or such default marked stuff with yours. Only an Inventory with "MyMarker" will trigger bot to move from another zone of map.
Without "MyMarker" this is a "blind thing" smelling well only if bot is coming closer for another reason.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

sektor2111 wrote:Only an Inventory with "MyMarker" will trigger bot to move from another zone of map.
Without "MyMarker" this is a "blind thing" smelling well only if bot is coming closer for another reason.
How make new inventory with "myMarker"?I Do you have an example of a mutator with "MyMarker"?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

sektor2111 wrote:InventorySpot means Navigation added in Editor or via XCGE not a plain mutator.
This is MyMarker, a NavigationPoint which you cannot spawn, and if you spawn a child of it you will need to register it into Pathing-Network which is not doable with plain default UScript.

Why does it has to be registered ? Because Bot do works based on native "FindBestInventoryPath" function which needs a native InventorySpot type actor from Paths Network in order to gain routes to that location. BotyMan3 by self person can show in big parts how do that function works. It is not 100% accurate because PlayerPawn is not Bot, and some stuff is restrictive to Bot (JumpSpot as a sample out of XCGE). The rest might crash in maps with WarpZones due to a bad coded WarpZoneMarker from Engine.u file and not fixed - at least I did not see this debate nowhere yet.

If you want an advanced mutator for awaking A.I. you have to learn some new stuff which Higor did, but which is not described at Wiki. The main problem it won't work as supposed in a non XC environment.