Custom fragment class

Discussions about Coding and Scripting

Custom fragment class

Postby makemeunreal » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Hey there!

I tried to make a custom fragment sublass one that would extend the lifespan of the fragment to the maximum limit. I managed to do that by setting it's lifespan to a pretty big number.

I also wanted to make the fragment have a lot more hitpoints, so it wouldn't vanish if gets shot. I failed to do this tho. Can't find the string in it's script that would refer to this property.

Can you help me with this please? :D

The fragments should have the same physic a book has. This should be a bit easier to implement.
UNREAL
makemeunreal
Masterful

Personal rank: UNREAL

Re: Custom fragment class

Postby papercoffee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:59 pm

makemeunreal wrote:The fragments should have the same physic a book has. This should be a bit easier to implement.

Use a book and change the mesh.
papercoffee
Site Staff

Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Custom fragment class

Postby JackGriffin » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Don't use fragment, create your own subclass. The engine has code to clean up fragments and you will have a lot of trouble trying to stop it. You could consider using 'Pylon' as a base for an easy fix.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
JackGriffin
Godlike

Personal rank: Hack coder

Return to Coding, Scripting