EvilGrins wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 pm
Realistically if you wanted a translocator so badly you could just edit one onto any given map.
I don't know what a "coop translocator" is
If you not know what is this some stuff maybe need ask that before give some advice which can be irrelevant at all.
papercoffee wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:35 am
Barbie has this kind of Transloc on the server ...you select it and see your allie's names through walls. with alt fire you select the team member and with fire you teleport to his place. Mostly you land on his head.
It's pretty handy on very large maps which lack unlockable respawn areas.
Yep, it is true.
I though anyone know this stuff. Ok, my mistake.
Maybe later publish mutator with improved version of this weapon.
Coop Translocator allow anyone join to teammate to hunt in any place. Do not see any unfair on this.
Very useful thing on large maps for do not run most time after die or enter to server.
Usual UT bots usually:
1. Stuck at start position.
2. Try collect ammo or health which is pointless because its regenerate over time.
3. Can not follow human on mostly maps.
4. Require bot pathing which unexist for most maps.
5. Try collect anything which placed near. Like collect your weapons if you die near, which not suitable for MH.
6. If they support you and you die, then they run to you to your respawn, which not suitable for MH.
7. Love jump into lava, run in closed door and other dump stuff because they blindly follow bot pathing and think it is true and proper way.
So they absolutely unuseful at MH in most cases.
New bots it is pure idea currently. I am not dig deeply, but I think they can be build on top over existing implementation.
For first attempt only few states, like Die, Respawn, Follow, Support, Wait and so on.
Some pieces of code can be used from UT bots. Some need add.
Of course they must work without bot pathing.
Strictly speaking first version can be annoying which their "support". Run in front of you and bring a lot of monsters to you, then die.
But I hope it is solvable problems.
OjitroC wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:23 pm
where a player is killed on a map with a considerable distance between a respawn location and the place where the player was killed
You just use Coop Transloacotar and you in battle again. of course if die whole team then need run again to last point.
Mostly idea inspired by Barbie server.
All thing which I describe mostly used by humans.
2. Collect weapons.
3. Run to desired location or tele to other players.
4. Kill monsters.
5. Say "I am position" and wait for tele if teammate killed.
And so on.
Of course not all players do all of these. But most "brained" players operate in this or similar way.
Bots cannot understand map, but other things they can do.
I think it will be some fun play with few bots, rather then try play alone huge map.
Hook wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Very handy indeed though.
It Makes a lot of MH maps a lot more enjoyable to play!
Currently Barbie server come with implementation blindly included from other MH pack. It contains a lot of bugs, but can be fixed in time.