REAL gravity gun (beta testing and bugfixing thread)

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

REAL gravity gun (beta testing and bugfixing thread)

Post by Saya-chan »

OK so here I am with a new project, this is a fully functional gravity gun in the style of the one from Nali Weapons, but with a 'Zanavethian' touch. You dare to test it?

It still has bugs though, like when grabbing someone, only half of the time you actually 'grab' them.

(How the hell can such a small file take so long to upload?)
GravityGun_znv_beta1.rar
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: REAL gravity gun (beta testing and bugfixing thread)

Post by Feralidragon »

Tried it now, and already have a bug for you: when you fire the gravity ball, the sound loops forever on the weapon (I didn't check the code, but I think you used a playsound function for a loopsound for the first fire).

But I must say you did a good job with that beam, since it looks nice and behaves accordingly :gj:

The ball effect is also good, but I think you should make the rotation rate at least 50% more faster.

EDIT: Checked the textures, so a little advise: don't use ice textures much, their performance is low and that's why they aren't used much in meshes by Epic itelf, since it's a realtime CPU processing, and most UnrealEngine1 bases itself too much on CPU already :wink:
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

Fire sound fixed. Rotation rate forgot to fix, I'll do it right now. Beam improved. Minor changes.

And also, I think I'll keep the IceTextures to make scrolling textures. It's for saving space, dude! Something you don't do, as I checked the huge load of textures you use for the scrolling shockwave of the UltimaProtos.

Guess what? It's going to turn into a full weapons mod! Just go here: http://www.ut99.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2203
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

To say the truth I searched further the Ice textures, and I found that they might worth the use.
I just didn't use them since some coders told me to not use them as much as a fire texture for example.
Also panning textures by my method takes too much memory comparing to an Ice Texture, and since I use only about 3 panning textures, it might worth the reduction LOL

And believe me when I tell that I saved space as much as I could, and the taking off of those panning textures I will get 10M filesize off the pack.

The rest of the textures have really to be those sizes, otherwise the weapons would loose even more quality than what they loose on import.
gades
Average
Personal rank: UT BotMast3r

Post by gades »

Can you squish people with it?

Or more like, throw people into the ground hard enough that they crater?
:satan:
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

gades wrote:Can you squish people with it?

Or more like, throw people into the ground hard enough that they crater?
:satan:
Indeed you can heheheh... Just wait for the demo video of the 'Zanaveth Ultra Suite'.

PS: You can even send a guy flying from one side of LavaGiant to other one above the separation cliff.