Moving skybox (discussion + sample)

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Higor
Godlike

Re: Moving skybox (discussion + sample)

Post by Higor »

I had noticed i messed up on the ocean floor a bit late, so i ended up applying another trick: modulated water below, translucent water above. Adds thickness to it.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Updated first post, the definite MovableSkyZone.u is the one used by my Siege map.
If you're doing serious mapping with it, replace your old MovableSkyZone.u with the one that comes with my BETA map, it has fixed network support.
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by Isotoxin »

screenshot ig?
Skerion
Average

Post by Skerion »

Higor wrote:Updated first post, the definite MovableSkyZone.u is the one used by my Siege map.
If you're doing serious mapping with it, replace your old MovableSkyZone.u with the one that comes with my BETA map, it has fixed network support.
Sorry for the 4 / 5 year bump, but I think it would be better to post the improved MovableSkyZone.u file as a standalone file, especially since the 4th version of the BETA map you linked to doesn't even seem to have the file you were talking about, and the only other version of the map that has the file included is on an obscure archive site, where people would likely not take notice of the map if they weren't already looking for that specific one.

I'd probably even go as far as posting the file on a website like ModDB or GameBanana as a tool. DropBox links seem more prone to dying, and plus it'd be easier for people to find this neat entity.

Edit: I just checked the thread from the guy asking about the moving skyboxes and noticed that you posted the updated file there, so nevermind about the first paragraph.