Possible Client Tool?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Possible Client Tool?

Post by 'Zac »

Not sure if this is possible, but could there be such a mutator or tool that can be made for UT that can force a player's own player model?
If you don't understand I'll explain...
If you are using the Boss skin and you use this tool, everyone else's player model will be yours, so you can easily see them or have a smoother and easier time shooting at them.
If there's already one around, my bad for posting about this and post a link maybe.
So is this possible for servers for players to use?
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
Higor
Godlike

Re: Possible Client Tool?

Post by Higor »

Reminds me of UT3's model settings.

Unlike UT3, UT99's models have always had clean skins and visuals so that was never a problem.
What you need, is a mod menu with a ON-OFF switch that works by spawning an actor on the Entry level.

Said actor would do periodic loops for player pawns and change their mesh/skin to something else.
Be aware that this may be considered tweaking by certain mods.
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

nope there hasn't been one made. unfortunately unlike quake you can't force enemy models
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:well something like this would be easily possible until you join a UTPure or ACE server where you have a hard time running client-side code. Otherwise, I don't see why it wouldn't be a piece of cake

haven't tried this but couldn't a simple console command

Code: Select all

set botpack.TMale1 mesh     LodMesh'Boss'
work, or something along those lines. Otherwise use actual client-side code to replace it on the go :tu: