Masterserver-Perl (WIP)

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
UT99.org

Re: Masterserver-Perl (WIP)

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:My point was more that he would be in danger of being de-listed completely if he added them to his page like with the UT servers (Plaintext emails and all). That one got twisted like chinese whispers through-out the thread so I cannot blame you for mis-interpreting
About email adresses: Many Spambots can easily read mail adresses in images, they can even solve very hard captchas that are too hard for some humans. They also read " email [AT] domain (dot) org" as it would be plaintext. Unfortunately many readers for blind people can not read out images, so plaintext is in the advantage.
I'm not sure what to make of this, I wouldn't be in favor of leaving them as-is. It's only 5 minutes work to do what I suggested, plenty of places do it. I thought those email collector bots only used plaintext... and that forum spammers were designed for captchas. I guess world is moving too fast for me :P A more complex approach is to use flash or something like that but I didn't think you'd need to go that far
Syntax-Error wrote: For educational purposes only:
http://nl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=errorist
errorist
Someone who repeatedly makes mistakes. Says stuff he believes is true, but anyone with common sense can see he's wrong. A dumbass.
Or this one:
http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/errorist
Errorist
One who encourages and propagates error; one who holds to error.
See that definition, it couldn't be more fitting for you guys. That's exactly what you're doing right now. There will be a community backlash if it ever did transpire that they are voluntarily uplinking to you only to be spammed on the query ports requiring a firewall outside of the game just to keep their email addresses for game browsers only

XBrowser does have some potential.

I mention it's amateur because of some of the UDP re-writes. He doesn't treat his own query the same as others, and he removes some of the normal syntax. I do appreciate the author's work despite the lengthy work-arounds if you want a compatible mod. The GUI, while impressive does have some flaws when it comes to spectators and server coloration. I'm not a fan of the new Open location and wish it was separated from the original one. DOES have some potential...

Now is the well over-due rant which opens peoples eyes, and hopefully a few of your sheep followers.

You don't seem a great deal interested in the flag thing that people are requesting? Your arrogance on this matter is as bad as your blowarse claims. Instead of trying to defend or apologize for anything you emphatically deny and downplay it, and from what I'm reading in another thread I can only assume you then go behind the scenes here and threaten the moderators with your Anonymous look-a-like 333networks logo. Let me tell you something, I don't let anybody talk to me like that and I don't think the mods here or the community should put up with it. Sending me PMs which apparently in a loophole un-written rule I cannot reveal here (un-written rule says I have to block you). All you need to do is act like reasonable human beings and front up in public to the UT community, it's not hard. Last time you left here and begged on another forum for them to take action because you couldn't take the heat. So what exactly are you so afraid of that you have to act like this? Is it because you are a cancer to the community and are scared people will find out? Is it your anonymous past? Just tell the truth and front up like men it's all we're asking. I've corrected your comment about being the official master server, I've seen you doing the 15 minute scans very recently which shows you never stopped, and why you won't add country flags for the browser that everybody is demanding and blaming it on me is just pitiful. Seeya later, blowarse
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

billybill wrote:You don't seem a great deal interested in the flag thing that people are requesting?
If you had read one of Darkelarious earlier posts in this thread, you would have seen he immediatly implemented it on his development Master Server and is monitoring how well it works, before actually releasing it in a future release.
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

papercoffee wrote:Edits are shown ...but Shade set up a time limit for editing without the edit-note on the bottom of the post.
Duly noted. I indeed see the edit notes on posts that fall outside the grace time. Thanks for clarifying!

Country flags/notations seem to be working now: in the last column you see to which country the IP resolves. For now, this is only tested with servers that uplink to the development master! It will take some time before this version of the masterserver is available for download. If and when it's done, it will be announced on our forum.

Code: Select all

testdatabase=> select id, ip, port, gamename, gamever, b333ms, blacklisted, updated, country from serverlist order by id desc;
 id |       ip       | port | gamename | gamever | b333ms | blacklisted |            updated            | country 
----+----------------+------+----------+---------+--------+-------------+-------------------------------+---------
 20 | 84.83.176.234  | 7738 | ut       |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:01:37.965643+01 | NL
 19 | 82.161.181.150 | 7778 | unreal   |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:02:11.177832+01 | NL
 18 | 54.172.174.15  | 7778 | unreal   |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:02:19.262555+01 | US
 17 | 54.210.92.56   | 7778 | unreal   |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:02:17.936863+01 | US
 16 | 54.175.48.225  | 7778 | unreal   |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:02:28.309384+01 | US
 15 | 5.231.52.62    | 7778 | unreal   |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:02:16.008294+01 | DE
 14 | 84.83.176.234  | 7748 | ut       |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:01:53.637372+01 | NL
 13 | 84.83.176.234  | 7758 | ut       |         | t      | f           | 2015-02-09 16:02:00.093871+01 | NL
(8 rows)
The column "blacklisted" is now also available and accessible -- soon you will be able to block servers at will. Blacklisting policy will be up to whomever hosts the masterserver. For 333networks, the policy for blacklisting servers could be entirely different from OldUnreal's policy and vice versa. This subject will probably be continued later.
noccer wrote:I look forward to the new versions,
can you implement a blacklist for servers that show Bots as players?
What about some statistics like http://tracker.ut99.tk ?
That website/tracker queries all servers at the moment that you click on them. It explains the long loading time and the huge amount of data being collected from all servers when more than 3 people click the same link. Instead, I can list the hostnames and some non-live variables, like gamename, version and join port.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:Just tell the truth and front up like men it's all we're asking.
Who?
Who are this vague "we"?
I see only You complaining and grouch about the 333NW. Jack and the Dane got their answers ...you on the other hand wasn't satisfied. Instead you set up a time limit.
Who do you think you are, that you have the right to set up an ultimatum ... on whose behalf?
And what's important ...what happened after the time limit has expired? Will you delete 333NW?

And please send me those PM's where you got harassed... This is something we can not tolerate.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

just a thought ... but perhaps provide a masterServer for UnrealGold

as well.. ;)
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

papercoffee wrote:Who do you think you are, that you have the right to set up an ultimatum ... on whose behalf?
And what's important ...what happened after the time limit has expired? Will you delete 333NW?

And please send me those PM's where you got harassed... This is something we can not tolerate.
Papercoffee, may I make a suggestion?

In the past billybill has shown a big talent in flaming, insulting, trying to link people to illegal activities while he knows it's not true and accuses people of all sorts of stuff, mostly targeted at 333networks. He was asked to provide proof multiple times, but still lacked to provide it.

I've read a post of billybill quite some time ago where he presented his so called "proof", which was a long story with mostly links to chatlogs. I can't remember where I read it, since it already has been a while ago, but if interested I will look it up for you. I read all the logs from that post back then, but failed to find ANY relation to 333networks or Darkelarious regarding involvement in illegal activity, where the FBI got involved in.

Not too long ago his new proof of 333networks "robots" hammering his servers consisted of 2 lines of "information" from some sort of log with invalid dates, which could have been typed by a 4 year old...

After that, he was asked to provide proof multiple times...
Sofar we didn't see it.

Now, my suggestion:
Since he likes to tell others what they should do and likes to set ultimatums for them to force them to do so, within a time-frame that he would like to see it done, would it be an idea to set an ultimatum for billybill to finally provide actual proof within X days and have consequences when he not complies to the ultimatum?

He was asked for proof multiple times, but fails to provide it sofar.
I can only assume that you didn't receive a copy of the messages where he was harassed by Darkelarious or 333networks yet, am I right?

An ultimatum of 5-7 days to provide actual proof of all the accusations made by billybill should be more than enough, since he always claims he has a lot of proof, which would make it a piece of cake to hand it over to you, or better: on the forum for everybody to read and decide if it actually can be classified as "proof".

Would this be an idea?
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Wises wrote:just a thought ... but perhaps provide a masterServer for UnrealGold as well.. ;)
It may just have slipped through, but isn't Unreal Gold already supported? As far as I know, it uses identical queries as Unreal and UT. It should be able to get servers that way. Crossposting answer in said thread.
--Darkelarious
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Syntax-Error wrote:Would this be an idea?
No ...I set him to "Silenced User" ...he can only write PMs now.

@billybill
papercoffee wrote:Who?
Who are this vague "we"?
I see only You complaining and grouch about the 333NW. Jack and the Dane got their answers ...you on the other hand wasn't satisfied. Instead you set up a time limit.
Who do you think you are, that you have the right to set up an ultimatum ... on whose behalf?

I wait for your PM billybill.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

if you would like help in the web Dev area and banners iam more then happy to assist.

cheers.
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Wises wrote:if you would like help in the web Dev area and banners iam more then happy to assist.
I would certainly like that. Do you have any experience with doing this in perl?
--Darkelarious
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Wises... It would be wise to join us at IRC -

irc.synirc.com
#333networks
papercoffee wrote:No ...I set him to "Silenced User" ...he can only write PMs now.
Hahaha, awesome idea.

I read this and then i saw i got a private message *shock* but it was a good guy who wrote to me ;)

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

shouldn't be a problem will be in touch most likely on forums.

;)
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Mandatory update:
http://git.333networks.com/MasterServer ... ?id=v2.0.8

Beta Masterserver v2.0.8 for UT, Unreal and other UE1-based games that supports both Postgresql and SQLite. This beta version is thus far ready that I hope that a few of you give it a shot and see if it runs bug-free. I also included a decent README that should explain from start to end how to run the masterserver. I would like some feedback on how clear this manual is.

Anyway, cheers! Up to version 2.0.9 :highfive:
--Darkelarious
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

Okay, it has been a while since I last posted in my Work-In-Progress thread. I intended to post here yesterday already, but at the moment suprème, the primary 333networks server died from a broken harddisk. With all services restored and all files (yes, everything) recovered, it's finally time to announce what we've been up to.

http://git.333networks.com/MasterServer-Perl/
The 333networks MasterServer has now full support for Postgres, MySQL and SQLite!

And there are a few more features:
Wises wrote:country flags could be detected via ip address of servers.. perhaps simple script to detect country then display flag like xbrowser on left hand side of server info.
also add ability to sort servers by country
Now included! Servers are authenticated and located, server name, address and country stored in the database! (see also screenshot below).
noccer wrote: aswell as the blacklist (yeah, was about time xD)
Done! The masterserver now respects the "blacklist" option and treats that server as if it doesn't exist. Small issue: it does not come with a fancy user interface, so you have to update that manually from the SQL workbench/commandline. Option will be controlled from the masterserver interface in a later stadium.

Sadly, there are a few issues.

Code: Select all

KNOWN ISSUES
  There are a few known issues that will be resolved in future versions. The
  following issues are listed and do not need to be reported.

Slow database: currently, database requests are blocking. On slow hardware,
  these requests may take enough time to miss/deny incoming beacons and list
  requests. No solution available in this version. Proposed solution: AnyEvent's
  asynchronous database driver(s).

No servers after downtime: when the masterserver has been off or offline for
  more than three hours, the server list does not update or only updates a 
  limited amount of servers. This is caused by not removing and NOT re-querying
  old servers after they appear unresponsive for more than three hours. Proposed
  solution: after more than three hours downtime/off time, clear the server list
  from the database workbench: ">DELETE FROM SERVERLIST;". Will be fixed in the
  next update/release.

No servers found after syncing with 333networks or others: the syncing 
  protocol also requires authentication. We do not want authorized people mass-
  spamming our masterservers with sync request to determine whether the server
  is online (yes, this actually happens -- use the \about\ query for that!) or
  to keep the list unnecessary updated. Sync requests should not be executed 
  more than 3-4 times per hour!
Okay, one more piece of good news, then. Here's a screenshot of the functional masterserver web interface:
There is still a lot of work to be done on the interface, but you can see that it is taking shape! See it live on http://dev.333networks.com!
--Darkelarious