Gonna fix the cannon

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Gonna fix the cannon

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Well, don't know if some of you ever try to use a cannon but, well, the cannon has actually a bug and I just wrote this bug here: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Cannon
into the "Bugs" section. So I'm just going to fix that bug and post the fixed cannon.
Problem is, Idk very well how exec work, and so I will just create a subclass.

If someone of you wouldn't like to open that link:
- The bug is related to this line of code:

Code: Select all

if (Pawn(cTarget)!=None && Pawn(cTarget).Health>0 || cTarget==None) GoToState('Deactivate');
It says that the cannon must deactivate itself if the Pawn, who activate it, has an healt value bigger than 0.

DOWNLOAD:
http://ge.tt/api/1/files/39eviDN2/0/blob?download
mirror: http://www.filedropper.com/fixedcannonsut99cannonsfix
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Gonna fix the cannon

Post by sektor2111 »

And I think it is missing something in killed - usually is very nasty with ScriptedPawn class :( . I have a sort of MH-Frigate where I have other Cannons which never bugged me as long as they have implemented a timer to do some checks against funky behavior - also an implementation of SeenPlayer for non player pawns.

Edit: Properties related to visibility and stimulus made me confused about how this thing still works...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:And I think it is missing something in killed - usually is very nasty with ScriptedPawn class :( . I have a sort of MH-Frigate where I have other Cannons which never bugged me as long as they have implemented a timer to do some checks against funky behavior - also an implementation of SeenPlayer for non player pawns.

Edit: Properties related to visibility and stimulus made me confused about how this thing still works...
Idk what "funky behavior" means :/ But, anyway, that wouldn't be just a fix. I'll try make it, but not as a fix .o.

EDIT: No wait... what you're asking me, is already done by setting "TriggerType" to "TT_PawnProximity".
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:Idk what "funky behavior" means :/ But,
Yeah, you did not seems to see what's going on... you'll find some day.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:Idk what "funky behavior" means :/ But,
Yeah, you did not seems to see what's going on... you'll find some day.
Lol, what did you mean? Tell me .o.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Spend some time with him Funky, it will be well worth it. He's not trolling you, he's a *super* bright dude so if he says something you can be sure it's OK. English isn't his native language so certain ideas can come across a bit obtuse but take the time to figure out what he's telling you. I've learned much from chatting with him.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

JackGriffin wrote:Spend some time with him Funky, it will be well worth it. He's not trolling you, he's a *super* bright dude so if he says something you can be sure it's OK. English isn't his native language so certain ideas can come across a bit obtuse but take the time to figure out what he's telling you. I've learned much from chatting with him.
Anyway I guess he meant the effect when your view is repeated everywhere you move, like this (funky effect :D) [GO TO 0:12]:
mkBS4zUjJZo
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You can post all kind of captures if you think they helps (but I asure you they don't). The visible problem of you guys (+Gustavo ) is the lack of playing this game and more exactly stuff where it's involved this "awesome" chapter. Wiki won't tell you about a way to lock down a server based on null byte attitude and the broken chain of certain things. Reasons ? Well I don't want to speak craps but I'm sharing what I think - if this is disturbing I won't share my thoughts leting you to properly fail:
1) Problem is unknown so it's undebated;
2) Problem is known but nobody cares to rebuild more or less official Monster Games properly - not sure how much are doable;
and
3) I think AS servers toward MH servers are very few probably for some other or similar nasty reason.
Aside, Wiki still has empty sections related to certain stuff because UT'99 seems unknown even after 15 years. However important informations can be used by people as long as they have a minimum of experience and game-play.

There is even a subclass of this sorta trash stuff <Cannon> morphed into "monster" which usually doesn't move a finger but works triggered and looks retarded when you will fire a warshell still having old cannon habits. The lack of 0 changes + whatever missing stuff make a level using such types to stuck things - you might want a new cooler (depending on machine). A smart one develped even a kind of gun firing with all crap possible ( everything but not projectiles ) and later probably was quiting job running away because "UT sucks" - you might deduct which one was the sucker - as long as coders (even here) are trying to paint sounds or to put textures on game-types or to give a mesh at ReplicationInfo and other sort of lunatic asylum specific things then stuff makes server to get rammed or to not even start - we aren't too far from problems when we are changing meshes without to know what does that actor when gets screwed - amnesia with Introdude seems to not be quited as long as some silly persons never heard of knife, lamp, etc which are suporting a new mesh because they doesn't animating.
I'm currently using other "stock" monster + other cannons - I'm tracking to see if old problems will still occur as long as last time with new stuff I did not see any more issues.

Edit: I'm curious what kinda a solution you'll use. After that I'll setup a Karmic Level for testing and... maybe your machine includes a reset button...
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

JackGriffin wrote:Spend some time with him Funky, it will be well worth it. He's not trolling you, he's a *super* bright dude so if he says something you can be sure it's OK. English isn't his native language so certain ideas can come across a bit obtuse but take the time to figure out what he's telling you. I've learned much from chatting with him.
Aside from Funky...... I myself find sektor2111 very bright when it comes to UT99. I find it not difficult to talk to him even though his native language is not English.... its just difficult for myself remembering things he has already pointed out to me that ever frustrates him LOL.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Anyway, if with "funky effect" he mean about the effect I showed, then it is related to the graphic driver too, when I use D3D10, that effect does not appear.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Sure, sure, null bytes stucking are from renders yeah... SERVER DOES NOT Render anything, and I'm waiting your fix (even if I'm convinced that you won't fix anything). Cannon is just a mess and "funky effect" is what it does to server - nothing to do with any render d3d10099. Do the fix and let's see if cooler can fly from CPU... I can manage that thing after all.

Edit: As conclusion I see that you don't get what people are not interested about because some stuff is really bad and default codes lacks in sanity checks. Feel free to catch a deception then. Ignore me, keep going.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:Sure, sure, null bytes stucking are from renders yeah... SERVER DOES NOT Render anything, and I'm waiting your fix (even if I'm convinced that you won't fix anything). Cannon is just a mess and "funky effect" is what it does to server - nothing to do with any render d3d10099. Do the fix and let's see if cooler can fly from CPU... I can manage that thing after all.

Edit: As conclusion I see that you don't get what people are not interested about because some stuff is really bad and default codes lacks in sanity checks. Feel free to catch a deception then. Ignore me, keep going.
?

Could you explain me better, what you find of problematic on that cannon?
And please, could you explain your concept of "funky effect" in other words?
Ty
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I spoke above already. If you did not read then I don't need to make double posting - read rules.

Edit: As topic's title says - fix the Cannon and I'll promise a test Level.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:I spoke above already. If you did not read then I don't need to make double posting - read rules.

Edit: As topic's title says - fix the Cannon and I'll promise a test Level.
EDIT BEFORE: Idk, probably you didn't notice it but, I fixed the cannon and post the DOWNLOAD LINKs to the first post :)

The problem I saw on that cannon is that it couldn't shoot when the pawn, who activated it, had an health of more than '0', and... I fixed it, I had nothing else to fix and I did read what you wrote, if you explain it better, it will not be consider as a double posting.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Because anyone can read a forum will get ideas how to ruin Monster servers so I won't explain nothing different, such things are not for public debates, I did a lot of tunes in my stuff and I was interested to exchange opinions about fixing and/or ideas but... you don't seems to know troubles... so I'll watch evolution then.