Trying to modify DrawScale3D values in real time (U1 v227i)

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Trying to modify DrawScale3D values in real time (U1 v227i)

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Yeah well, I know it's a question about the last version of unrealscript from Unreal 1, but I hope you know why, when I try to modify the values of the vector "DrawScale3D", whatever of them(X, Y or Z), the mesh is not shown as modified. (Except if I use the command "editactor" and then, modify the scale with it)

EDIT: I forgot to say that it happens only when playing the map in multiplayer. Is it because it's not inside the replication block?
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Trying to modify DrawScale3D values in real time (U1 v22

Post by JackGriffin »

You can't modify this value, it's locked (sort of). This is because the engine needs to compute values for the collision box, movement, health, etc. If you modify drawscale on the fly then you force the engine to modify these values too because it has to work that way. If these get updated then it needs to replicate out to the client and that just doesn't work in UEngine. Now things like Fatboy are fine since they only alter the appearance and not any of the values. Even a super swelled up Fatboy pawn has the same collision box for instance.

There are ways around this though. Post me what you are doing and I'll try to help you get it to work.
So long, and thanks for all the fish