It Was Once Upon A Time - tiny story and riddle

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
sektor2111
Godlike

It Was Once Upon A Time - tiny story and riddle

Post by sektor2111 »

It was once upon a time a sektor2111. This guy someday was testing a forum script by personal curiosity. While it was messing up around he was creating Sections - Tests. If I he is well recalling Creating a section takes around 10 minutes if you are moving like a snail.
The question is that after being bombed with PM messages about creating an XCGE section: Why I still don't see any such thing ? What exactly is the problem of something operational and useful for entire community ?
All right, MH is not important (I'm not gonna release nothing MH related after all) but XCGE means Nothing ?

The riddle: To Be or Not To Be - Else Tobby or not Tobby ? Roger ? No, Roger didn't do anything...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: It Was Once Upon A Time - tiny story and riddle

Post by papercoffee »

I love stories with a happy end ... does this story have a happy end?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, it has a happy end... I deleted those PM-s because were just a quota load with nothing productive. I did not see any new section so I think that are just posts posted - perhaps I'm gonna disable receiving PM-s because all data there was False only bugging me, else I can do feign busy and slowing down visiting this location.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:Yes, it has a happy end... I deleted those PM-s because were just a quota load with nothing productive. I did not see any new section so I think that are just posts posted - perhaps I'm gonna disable receiving PM-s because all data there was False only bugging me, else I can do feign busy and slowing down visiting this location.
That's not a happy end. :evil:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

It doesn't count unless you add "...and they all lived happily ever after" at the end!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Why ?
because nothing is decided without a discussion based on information, which requires some feedback.
So far we have no list of sub-sections like the SDK etc.,
eg. News | Official Contents , FAQs | Tutorials , Thirdparty Area , etc.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Dr.Flay wrote:So far we have no list of sub-sections like the SDK etc.,
Which is not even usable, only Higor is using things from it, but has a dedicated section because of what ?
From PM
PM wrote: ... other engine updates
Now for me it sounds clear, you guys have no clue what is about. I'm speaking about an extension running near a default Engine and a default more or less official "UPDATE" a la UTPG (which were a group of programmers btw) failing mission and making a bigger mess than supposed. Other engine update I did not heard about (not yet). This is a sort of development and a patch which is a treasure after all. This thing is usable by entire community and not only an unfinished chapter with hopes. We have what we need and we do HIDE IT. New Renderers were you saying ? Which ones ? Those audio making cats to leave house with lousy sounds ? And also who crash in some HTD map based on a sudden affinity for stupid HTD amnesia ?
Which video render ? Some XOpenGL which doesn't even run on this machine which I'm testing crashing by default ?
XC_ENGINE is a functional thing in servers and clients too... and not only codes with no sanity checkers working only in machine X or machine Y. XC_Engine brings stability and at this moment is superior to any of UTR and SDK projects because IT'S ALIVE.
Another option: Section UT'99 in 21th century or 21th Century for UT'99 or Community works for UT'99 - patches - updates
There might go CPU launch patchers, "renderers" A/V, New Consoles, XC_Engine - and not wasting time for seeking through useless spam posted by brainless ignorants. Else Access limited for not being loaded with dump from fresh joined posters which are not reading nothing but they need duplicated information due a mental disease or such.
Trivia question: How many of you have been testing last XCGE ? Let me guess NONE, and that's why you don't know its value.
Or almost NONE but you really cannot see old crashes being vanished ?
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

2/10, the main character was a pain in the ass. I really hoped he would go away.
Nice subplot though, what with all the dragons and trucks on fire.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote:Why ?
because nothing is decided without a discussion based on information, which requires some feedback.
That's something @Higor or @Chamberly can answer. Where are they btw.?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:That's something @Higor or @Chamberly can answer. Where are they btw.?
From what I've observed, they spend most of their time on this forum · http://www.unrealkillers.com/forum.php​
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Hellkeeper wrote:2/10, the main character was a pain in the ass. I really hoped he would go away.
Nice subplot though, what with all the dragons and trucks on fire.
I did not understand that much here, and I believe this section which was a proposal will not hurt somebody or not helping... Else if you "love me" intensive put me on foes list, no big deal. When Higor will say OK, XC is ready and that's it, FINAL, you can count that I'm not gonna disturb space a lot here...
Good then, chapter XC Section debate will be closed from me because it seems to be very disturbing and I really don't get lousy reasons why. Cyas with this request.

Btw, Higor has posted something in working stage in XCGE Thread if you have missed him by chance, I'll stay on focus mainly at that thread because I find it as a quality thing.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Firstly, I read the PM first before I found this thread. *Facepalm* Sorry Sektor2111, didn't know if you wanted to be involved or not, but it's my fault because I INCLUDED YOU.
papercoffee wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote:Why ?
That's something @Higor or @Chamberly can answer. Where are they btw.?
I've already mentioned in PM but sure I'll post out here too.

XC_Engine should have it's own with subtopics because it's an ongoing development. Official content will be this - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5624
I'll be working on Tutorials [AGAIN] so that will be in Tutorials. There will be a lot for different parties who want XC_Engine to perform 'what'. I already done several for older versions already.
3rd party - Self explainable.

Edit: He has spoken.
Single sub-section under Development: "Game upgrades"
You can make threads about render development there too.
But then... it's my idea. Maybe Higor doesn't want it, but it should really be up to him that voice it, unless he did mentioned it somewhere in the forum because he probably won't say it again lol. But then it look like it's getting done soon so why make a section for basically 1 thread when I can put tutorials elsewhere?

EvilGrins, sure we used to be there but not as of lately. We've been busy doing something else.
Last edited by Chamberly on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

This thread is seriously making me think of someone else.

It's uncharacteristic of this forum and weird enough to wish gone. Do this kind of laundry in private.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Continuing story...
At a moment the sektorxxxx was wondering where are some moderators/admins when some "new blood" started bullshitting with no purpose. He was drawing a simple conclusion: there is not too much value at UT99.org nowadays taking an account that brainless people can still join easily for posting their sudden farts which no one had before... spam, necro-bump without new information, a tutorial in using warm water is probably a need as well here... Who knows ? Are one of these posts/members something which we can call it Evolution ? I see exactly the opposite... I'm gonna think a bit because I'm so confused.

Wait a minute they play that "free UT" and that's why a half of planet has the same ID - yes, now I understand more than it's needed. Also that "Free" one has no tutorial and... we get results. Thanks anyway for the "free" UT version which makes people more "skilled" and more idiots as possible.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

It's a fine line between moderation and tyrannical behavior. The mods do an excellent job here, IMO; they can't stop new people joining (why would they want to?) and can't control member's behavior completely (especially before a member does something!). Spammers and trolls get dealt with swiftly or just lose steam when nobody takes the bait.

If you have an idea, request or complaint, I suggest simply stating it. Burying it under strange stories and obtuse sarcasm isn't typically an effective way to communicate; it puts people on the defensive.

I agree with you sektor that some ideas are more valuable than others, and XCEngine is certainly a jewel and should - if desired by the author and admin - have it's own place. So why not just PM the admin and ask them to consider it? Simple and much less dramatic. :)