This may be nothing...

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

This may be nothing...

Post by EvilGrins »

...but it's new on me.

Usually when I login the portal view shows me how many new posts there are (that bit on the right under my avatar) and I check them out. After I've gone through things, read and responded to stuff, the listed number of new posts shrinks to 0... unless someone else updated something while I was going through the other posts.

Tonight that number didn't shrink, it stayed the same and the results I got when clicking "new posts" was the same as before, even though only 1 of the threads had been updated.

This may not be anything, just a glitchy lag, but I've never seen this in the entire time I've been on this forum (since 2011) so thought I'd mention it.
Attachments
Clip0001.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: This may be nothing...

Post by Dr.Flay »

Curious and thanks for saying.
Yes normally it should display the new posts since you last loaded the portal or visited the site.

Not sure what is going on here, or if it is changeable.
I will have a look.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I always use the links New Posts and/or Unread posts and did not notice any other behaviour than usual.

BTW: what exactly is the definition of new posts? Are these posts that were created after I received a document of the server? After I logged in the last time? Do the forum pages contain a "heartbeat" that periodically retrieves data from the server?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:BTW: what exactly is the definition of new posts?
My impression is they're posts that're newer than the last time we've hit "new posts".

Some days i pop onto the forum without hitting new posts, and the current number doesn't go down until I actually click the link.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758