Rules and Ban System

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Rules and Ban System

Post by Feralidragon »

There's my sugestion to make this forum more respected, as I see some users register, post 2 spam posts, and then they download whatever they want. :evil:

I sugest that you may create a ban system e rise up the posts necessary to make a download to 5, with this rules:

1) In the first spam post we make, you edit the post and add the warning in color green to spam, and don't delete it;

2) In the second one, you edit the post and add the warning in color orange to spam, and don't delete it;

3) In the third one, you ban the user for 24 hours, edit his/her post adding in color red the ban information and why;

4) In the forth one, you ban the user forever and delete his/her post.

The warning message could be: "Attention to spam posts! Respect the rules! - Shade" (or whatever the user who's moderating that section of the forum).

Why this sugestion? I see many users registered, making 2 posts (spam), to download the files that they couldn't.

Another thing, if a user makes a spam post one time, he receives the warning in 1), but if makes another spam post after 2 weeks or a month, he receive another warning, but not the 2), but the 1) again, I think you understand why.

Tell us your opinion :mrgreen:
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Re: Rules and Ban System

Post by Dare »

You could make it so people can only download after 5 days from signing up too?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

That's a good ideia too :mrgreen:
But I think that 5 days is to much, maybe 2 or 3 days I think is better. :wink:
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

I could wait 5 days for a download, but I'm a patient person.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

@Feralidragon,

If i would be a user who only write 2 posts to get access to the downloads... then i would not give a damn about the warnings. ;)

Its not so easy to handle with this situation...
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Dare wrote:I could wait 5 days for a download, but I'm a patient person.
Me too :mrgreen: , but there are people who aren't, and they just register to make the downloads, thats is what do you think, right Dare? So an active user of the forum, just participate on the discussions during a while (5 days), and then he/she could download whatever he/she wants, as an active user doesn't look at that download time if he/she is interested on the forum itself (my case for example).
That's what you think (i think :P ).

So, there's what I think: I agree totally with you, but you must think that users interested only in the downloads, are interested for sure in UT GOTY (UT99), and some of them, who just registered to download the things, could give this forum a try, and he/she could enjoy that and become a truly active user on this forum :wink:
That's why I think it could be only a wait for 2-3 days, so the users could wait less, so more potentional users rise.

All this to this forum to be respected and to have the maximum active users possible.

That's what I think :wink:

Shade wrote:@Feralidragon,

If i would be a user who only write 2 posts to get access to the downloads... then i would not give a damn about the warnings. ;)

Its not so easy to handle with this situation...
That's why the minimum that I proposed was 5 posts, and there's this time to get the access to the downloads too (Dare's ideia :lol: ).
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

No time >> then they will make 5 spam posts, and by the time the moderator bans the spammer, he already got away whit the download he/she needed. So time is needed: 1 or 2 days AFTER the first 2 posts were made, not 2 days after the user joined. That gives enough time for a moderator to delete the post and reset the 2 day timer.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yes.

So, first the user receives the information that he/she have to post 5 posts before he can do the downloads, then with the 5 posts posted, he have to wait 2-3 days until he/she can do his/her first download.
Meanwhile, if the user posted 5 spam posts, the user is banned and that user couldn't do the download. :lol:
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

Agreed? :mrgreen:
UnLtd
Forum Support
Personal rank: The {WINGS} Elite

Post by UnLtd »

I think its kinda harsh but oh well, whatever yall think..
I'll rather leave the 2 post count, maybe increase it by 1 or 2, but people can still get those files by searching google for example.. So if you guys want to keep members then dont be so harsh on them... lol
If people see the requirement that needs to view the downloads section they'll rather leave the site and search at other...
But there are also people that aren't interested in the downloads but in the site/forum/members itself... like me.. =D

Wow,,,, since when am I such a poster o_O
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Hm... i dont know if this idea is good.

But thanks for the ideas... ;)

I still try to find a good way for all.
VRN|C-18
Skilled

Post by VRN|C-18 »

take it easy p33pz..
if you want to have many people on here, you know therd be some arseholes too.. so wtp just ignore them postings and deletem instead of bannin around oO
Needle + UT + Sex = Life and some Blood -_-
banner made by myth 8)
what the fuck.. september11 woke me up.
warsong

Post by warsong »

I think it's enough that you have to post twice in order to download...i haven't ran across any other forum with such a requirement...so it's best that you leave it like this or even remove the requirement...i hope i won't be banned for this post..
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

warsong wrote:i hope i won't be banned for this post..
definitely not :tongue:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
pro4tho

Post by pro4tho »

i think 5 is good i mean in the linerider forums you must have 5 postes to play games