Few dumb ideas to kill more time here.

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Few dumb ideas to kill more time here.

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Hmm...
@thread title: I was thinking maybe like ''(week #) mapname'' and at the end of that week add an ''average rating'' when the poll ends :?: your title is great, but will all of that fit?
@weekdays: Not sure yet. Perhaps Sundays?
@section name: uhm... Map Of The Week? :mrgreen: Sorry, I'm not too good with names.
@who does what: I post pics (or maybe EG can do that ;)) and download link, Dave (I hope)(I don't know how to make videos) does the videos, the rest, not sure...
@decision: PM's I think...
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

GEx wrote:Dave (I hope)(I don't know how to make videos) does the videos, the rest, not sure...
The rest are discussions for which everyone is encouraged to participate :wink:
Well, unrealsp.org does it on Mondays... Now we could be hipster and do it on Sundays or just adpat it them...
Either way is fine for me, as I'd like to have the weekend (when I use my stronger desktop PC) to prepare the video. A Pm to me two days before the next map presentation which would tell the map or provide a link even, would give me enough time to send you my youtube-link in time then.

How about creating a pool of let's say 260 maps (to guarantee ut99.org lives 5 years further :tongue: ) and then randomly pick the next with a program? Another option would be that you entitle 4 dedicated people, who take turns every week, so the same person has 4 weeks time to choose the next map. Then this could be just a map out of his UT folder that said person likes to see being discussed.

However, no matter which you decide, all maps of our cmps (1 and 2) should be included in any case imo.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
QuillioN
Experienced

Post by QuillioN »

i think this is a great idea! any help i can give, just let me know :)
In a world of billions, why are there people still alone?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Thanks Quillion, I'll think of a job for you soon :tongue:.
The best days for me would be Tuesdays and Wednesdays, because I would put everything together with a normal school PC and not a stinky mobile phone (which eats 2LT a week and living in a village isn't helping me get a 5LT top-up). So If we'll do this on Sunday, sometimes someone else will have to replace me...
@Dave, good idea with the map randomiser!