PUBLIC APOLOGY

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

PUBLIC APOLOGY

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

Sorry to papercoffee and Feralidragon for unintentionally breaking the double posting rule a few times.

I'm not here to troll.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: PUBLIC APOLOGY

Post by Feralidragon »

You just have to understand that the rules are here to stay and to be respected, and no one is above them, not even us.
The problem is not breaking it once or twice, the problem is breaking it AND still argue about it when the staff does what is supposed to when rules are broken.
Adding to that, we already explained why we implement such rules (since they were thought out and reflected about first), and there aren't many admins who even bother to do so, keep that in mind.

Many break that rule in one time or another, they're notified about it, they learn about it and it's peace from there on, no problems come from that alone and many members can testimony that same fact.

As long as you respect the rules AND the staff (which so far hasn't been more than overly patient with you) from now on, it's all good.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Simple way to avoid it: Edit your previous post with the new stuff.

The double posting thing seems to only be okay, as I too have had this issue before, if 2 or 3 days have gone by between your new post and your last one.
A week on the outside.
Feralidragon wrote:You just have to understand that the rules are here to stay and to be respected, and no one is above them, not even us.
Have you ever double·posted Ferali?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

It may seem a minor issue, but this site was pulled-back from the brink of turning into that "Beyond Unreal" dumping ground for trolls.
That my bovine buddy, must never ever happen :wth:

Yeah, it does force you to think a bit about lay-out in your posts, but after you have been here for a while you will see some of my epic posts.
If I posted each bit separately (to each person I'm talking to) I would pad a thread to a crazy level with my sig.
Paper would see red, and I would see the red-writing.

We are here first and foremost to have fun (we wouldn't be playing UT otherwise), but this site is more of a resource site with a social scene, than a social site with some resources.

Once anyone scans through the threads here, you can immediately see the benefit of running a tight-ship.
But they will also see we like to have a laugh.

On a personal note, I hope you will visit my mate BorisB so you know who's logo you have for an avatar.
http://theextrahour.webs.com
http://borisbmashmix.webs.com

I'm sure he wouldn't mind, as he is a mashup DJ/producer, but it would be nice if you edited it, to make it unique to you.
Oh yeah enjoy the free music while you are there. I'm just grabbing last months show now :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Image I wonder if we can be exempt of the double·posting rule on April Fool's Day? Pick one thread and make a long post...

...1 word per post! Image
:loool:
April 1st is just around the corner.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

EvilGrins wrote:Image I wonder if we can be exempt of the double·posting rule on April Fool's Day? Pick one thread and make a long post...

Perhaps, in 1 thread in the off-topic section...... :tongue:
blarg
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

EvilGrins wrote:Image I wonder if we can be exempt of the double·posting rule on April Fool's Day? Pick one thread and make a long post...

Rejected! That will never happen. I might see the "fun" in it. But there is always a chance people don't get the idea and spam everywhere... Have seen it once on a other forum... So DONT!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

EvilGrins wrote: Have you ever double·posted Ferali?
Yes, but they are all spaced by days, weeks or even months between posts, and even so it's rare for me to double post. The double posting is only allowed 24h after the last post, as written in the rules:
Double posting is only allowed after 24 hours after the last post, or in extensive tutorials which need such posting space.
Double posting is only bad when done in a short timespan.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Apology accepted.
Feralidragon wrote: As long as you respect the rules AND the staff (which so far hasn't been more than overly patient with you) from now on, it's all good.
I have nothing to add...

Ok and now let us all wallow in vice together ...modding and mapping ...and texturing :mrgreen: